Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Dood
Apprentice
Apprentice

Problems have been compounding and Arlo tech hasn't responded for two weeks.

1. A camera was showing pink so I contacted them and they said to provide contact information so they could mail me a new one. They haven't contacted me despite multiple attempts to reach them. 

2. Cameras randomly haven't been responding. In several cases I didn't know they weren't responding until I walked past them and nothing happened.

3. At one point I purchased an additional two camera kit that came with a base. I figured maybe the base is worn out so I tried installing the new one. Got it installed but it wasn't sensing motion, so I tried to install the old one again. Now the app (iPhone) and web login (on PC) cannot discover either base. I've tried rebooting, a factory reset and more - nothing works. I keep getting the message that the Arlo app cannot "discover" any Arlo devices.

Yes, the wifi is on, the base station is connected by ethernet, the base station is on with the two lights green, etc. 

What's going on?

2 REPLIES 2
Dood
Apprentice
Apprentice

Capture.JPG

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Dood,

Log in to your Arlo account and navigate to Settings > My Devices > select your base station > Remove Device. After it's been removed, perform a factory reset by pressing and holding the reset button until all LEDs flash amber. Log back in to your Arlo account and tap/click "Add Device", select base station and follow the on-screen instructions. Be sure the device you are using to add the base station to your account is connected to the same network as the base station.

JamesC