Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 13 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 7 In Conversation
ericdean1
Aspirant
Aspirant
I noticed the power indicator light is blinking on the front of my base station, which indicates a firmware upsate is available. I went to : Settings- Base Station Settings- FW Version. The available version shows as 1.3.2078. Then I click "Triggering Base Station Updates" - and I receive an error: "Error triggering firmware update." I successfully updated the firmware once, about a week ago. Anyone else having the issue? I have done all of the standard stuff like rebooting the base station, waiting a day or so...
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ericdean1
Aspirant
Aspirant
My solution was to turn on the automatic update of firmware. As soon as I did that, and restarted the base station, when it came back up, it updated to 1.3.2078. I am not a big fan of updating firmware until waiting to see if it works well in the wild for a week or two, so my plan was always to just leave that auto update setting off and manually run updates. I guess I can turn the auto update feature off until I am ready to update the next time (If my next manual firmware update fails.)

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

First,  you've already went through the POWER Down/ reset so,

Second try the RESET by using a paperclip in the back of the base station....

1. Do a simple reset by using a paper clip to press the reset button on the base station for 10 seconds or until all the LEDs on the base station blinks amber.
  2. Your base station will then perform the reset and reboot itself. Please wait until the Power and Internet LED turn solid green.
  3. Resync the cameras as instructed in the quick start guide (one at a time).

Third , try and deactivate the base station from BASE STATION SETTINGS ( in program )... you will have to then go back and then restart/add the base station and also resync cameas.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
ericdean1
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thanks, Don't the cameras have to be within a foot or two of the base station to sync? That means I would have to take down all of the cams...I'm not going to do a factory reset to update the firmware. Might not work anyway. Unless there is a security concern or a major feature addition. I know it is a standard troubleshooting technique by helpdesks, but I'm not willing to try it yet.
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

ericdean1 wrote:
Thanks, Don't the cameras have to be within a foot or two of the base station to sync?   snip...

Ok, your choice, I guess if it's working I prob wouldn't worry either if a pain to get at the cams.

BTW, In testing, and yesterday, I changed out some batteries and was about 25 feet ( straight line ) from the base and it resync'd just as normal. Don't know what the max range is.

ericdean1
Aspirant
Aspirant
My solution was to turn on the automatic update of firmware. As soon as I did that, and restarted the base station, when it came back up, it updated to 1.3.2078. I am not a big fan of updating firmware until waiting to see if it works well in the wild for a week or two, so my plan was always to just leave that auto update setting off and manually run updates. I guess I can turn the auto update feature off until I am ready to update the next time (If my next manual firmware update fails.)
Cliffsomerset
Guide
Guide

I want to know if any upgrades or update to both Firmware and software for base station and camera are pushed automatically even if signed out or do you have manually on base push a command update  to do both like PC applications.  Also how do you check to find that you do have the latest versions of both already?

Clifford

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Cliffsomerset wrote:

I want to know if any upgrades or update to both Firmware and software for base station and camera are pushed automatically even if signed out or do you have manually on base push a command update  to do both like PC applications.  Also how do you check to find that you do have the latest versions of both already?

Clifford

The updates will only be pushed out automaticly IF the AUTO UPDATE is turned on.... you do not have to be signed in , most updates occur at night.

When OFF, no updates are sent thru

For S/W versions look at the settings/base page and settings/camera page

Cliffsomerset
Guide
Guide

Thank you again.

jkmail
Apprentice
Apprentice

I have no Auto update listed on my Base Station Settings.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Assuming you're using the web interface, it's just about smack-dab in the middle, on the right side, between Time Zone and Flicker Adjustment - a slider that turns it on and off. For the Android app, it's pretty much in the same place but is in the Info section, just below FW Version.

If you still can't see it, try logging out and back into the Arlo servers. Try both mechanisms and let us know what you find.

cherry-pie
Star
Star

i am having this issue and the web app or my android app does not have the auto update section you are reffering to. Ive tried to restart the base, log out back in etc.. and no resolution... any suggestions..?

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

cherry-pie wrote:

i am having this issue and the web app or my android app does not have the auto update section you are reffering to. Ive tried to restart the base, log out back in etc.. and no resolution... any suggestions..?

There longer is an Auto-update option....  It has been removed and is always ON .  All updates are now pushed automaticly.

( since dec-2015 with sw change)

RoxanneR
Tutor
Tutor
How do you turn on the auto update? Can't find it on my phone. Do I have to do it from my computer?
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

RoxanneR wrote:
How do you turn on the auto update? Can't find it on my phone. Do I have to do it from my computer?

The toggle was removed in the SW update back in DEC-Jan.  it is now automatic and requires no user interaction