Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
cherry-pie
Star
Star

i just updated the Arlo app today only to find a brand new popup that states "new firmware 1.2.2688 update is available for camera # 1". I click to update and then it looks like its updating but 10 seconds later an orange band at the top of the app says "Error triggering base station update". I tried this 5 times - same thing. I also tried unconnecting and re-connecting the base station and tried multuple times again = fail...

if i go to Settings> My Devices > Camera 1 has a triangle exclamation and it wants me to update the firmware but i cant.

Any suggestions on how to correctly update the firmware for this camera since following this logically hasnt helped 😕     ? 

46 REPLIES 46
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

I would wait till tomorrow..

I haven't seen the update work instantly ( it prob set a flag in the base ).

Most of the updates I've seen come in the wee hours of the AM.  Just reset you base via the power button to let it clear the cache, and then click on the triangle in settings/devices/camera ... don't worry if it doesn't work.... AND THEN CHECK TOMORROW

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
MrSpock
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hello all i have the exact sames issue as of last night and the cam that is suffering shows a wrong bat value of 5% even though the bat is realy at 100%.

Netgear support help pls
browneyes1127
Initiate
Initiate
Having the same problem, could something new to g with the latest update?
MrSpock
Aspirant
Aspirant
Arlo support where r u pls???
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Have you created a trouble ticket?  That's the official support mechanism - forums are informal and a lot of it is user-supported rather than Arlo support folks.

MrSpock
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have not yet i will and also i will contact the UK team as we work with them in the company i work for. however it would be good to see the answer here for something that obviusly is not afecting one user but many.
MrSpock
Aspirant
Aspirant
does anyone have an update on this from Arlo?
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

MrSpock,

Are you sure that the batteries are at 100%? You might consider swapping the batteries with a camera that you know is behaving normally to check to see if you get the same results. If so, it would seem these batteries are depleted and need to be replaced.

Cameras with low batteries will not update firmware, if you are having trouble with this camera updating it's firmware, the low batteries are likely the reason.

Please let us know the results,

JamesC

csfirearms
Tutor
Tutor
I have a brand new system with fresh batteries and I get this error.
MrSpock
Aspirant
Aspirant
yeah same here my battaries are full like i said the problem presists. i have escalated it to the UK Netgear team directly with details and data. i am standing by for an answer
csfirearms
Tutor
Tutor
Well let me know if you get info on a fix and if it works!
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

csfirearms, MrSpock

If possible, could one (or both) of you post a screenshot of the error you are receiving, if you are still receiving it of course.

Thank you,

JamesC

MrSpock
Aspirant
Aspirant
hi James how can i add a picture here ? i see no option for that.
csfirearms
Tutor
Tutor
MrSpock
Aspirant
Aspirant
it asks for registration sory dont i want to register but i presed uplad
csfirearms
Tutor
Tutor

Screenshot_20160414-175215.png

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

csfirearms,

What firmware version is your base station on? You can check by navigating to  Settings > My Devices > select your base station > FW version. The latest is 1.7.3_5005.

MrSpock,

Are you seeing this same error or something different?

JamesC

csfirearms
Tutor
Tutor
Mine is running the latest. 1.7.3_5005
MrSpock
Aspirant
Aspirant
hello James
Yes the very same mesage as the picture uploaded, same thing exactly and my hub FW is 1.7.3_5005 too.
I got 4 Arlo cameras and 3 are on FW 1.2.4941 and the one that wont upgrade no matter what i do has FW 1.2.2688.
I tried upgrading from Android and iOS too.
The problematic cam battery is fresh, practically unused and the issue apeared out of the blue a few days ago.
You try upgrade and it never completes. The cam works and streams every time you open the app.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

MrSpock,

I would like to investigate this issue further. I will reach out to you in a private message to gather more information.

JamesC

MrSpock
Aspirant
Aspirant
be my guesr
K4RL
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi there all. I'm seeing the same issues. I get the same message after trying the update
Joeboomstud
Aspirant
Aspirant
Same. Replaced batts on the same trouble cam that won't update.
Joeboomstud
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have 4 cams. Only one will not update, it is barely used, and it has needed 3 sets of batteries. Other have needed one set and are used more often. I get the same error message. I've tried everything: removed and resynced the cam, unplugged and rebooted the base , and reinstalled the app. I'm out of ideas. Bad cam maybe?