Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Enabling "Disarm" does not disarm cameras - VMB5000r6

Discussion stats
  • 12 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 5 In Conversation
acidhorse
Star
Star

There are times where I need to disarm all of the cameras through the Base Station and about a month ago, enabling "Disarm" leaves the cameras still armed.  The only way I can disarm the cameras is to individually toggle the "Device On" to off.  I've restarted the Base Station, removed all of the cameras from the Base Station and manually added them back to the Base Station, and "Disarm" still does not work.

12 REPLIES 12
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Have you rebooted the phone and reinstalled the app? Is it different if on WiFi vs. cell service? Have you tried the web client to see how that works (or doesn't)?

acidhorse
Star
Star

I went through your suggestions and received the same results.

acidhorse
Star
Star

I should've said, tried Wifi and cell and was the same.  Web client, on our home PC, was the same result.

Dannybear
Master
Master

Is the login credentials being used for a granted user account or  a owner account used for the initial setup?

acidhorse
Star
Star

Yes.  Nothing changed in the configuration at all.  It just stopped working all together.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@acidhorse wrote:

Yes.  Nothing changed in the configuration at all.  It just stopped working all together.

@Dannybear is asking if you are using the primary account or a friend account.  It'd be useful to answer that.

Dannybear
Master
Master

The reason for asking is that a friend account may not have access rights to alter the system mode.

acidhorse
Star
Star

I'm using my account which is the owner account.  I think the next step is to factory reset the Base Station and do it all over again.

FishTunesHome
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am having similar issues.   I typically use a shared account as I have multiple sites and like to see all cameras from all sites.

Even if I log into one of my owner accounts, after disarm the cameras are still armed.

The only thing I have found to work most of the time is to power off my base stations and power them back on after change the mode to disarm.  

This all started happening right after the Dec 17 firmware updates to the base stations I have.  VM4000 and VM4540.   I have 3 x VMB4000 and 4x VMB4540.   

If I power cycle the base stations after I switch to disarm mode, then the majority of times everything is disarmed.  Once in a while the cameras are still in armed mode and set off alarms.

I have had my setup for more than 4 years with no issues and this just started happening after the Dec 17th firmware update as far as I can tell.  Choosing disarm no longer disarms cameras whether using a shared account or the owner account.  Makes no difference.  Previous the shared account could disarm everything successfully at all my sites without issues.  Never a hickup.   Now none of my sites can disarm the carmeras even thought disarmed shows as the mode within the app and also MyArlo web portal.

I have tried disarming with MyArlo web portal, with app using owner account and with app using shared account and it now fails 100% of the time to disarm the cameras.  From what I can gather it may have been due to the Dec 17th firmware update or possible earlier updates.  As indicated, this setup hasn't changed in years and has been working very successfully for years using a shared account.

acidhorse
Star
Star

Finally got around to getting this fixed.  Had to reset the Base Station, then re-add all of the cameras, doorbell and chime.  Probably a separate topic, but I always have to manually add the cameras to the basestation.  The search function never works and so I have use the sync button every time.  In any case, resetting the Base Station did the trick.  We'll see how long that'll last.  Current FW is 1.20.7.0_1396_cf4d59a

FishTunesHome
Aspirant
Aspirant

On one hand I am glad you got your system working.  I was hoping for a firmware update.  My multiple sites with 7 hubs, 18 cameras and 5 chimes with custom modes makes this a very time consuming endeavor.  

I very much appreciate that you came back and updated this thread that you got your setup working.  I now will have to spend some time myself to do the same.  Although it will take me hours per site and several elapsed weeks before I get to all sites.  Was hoping to avoid this as I have been forced to do this in the past and it truly is a pain.

I will come back to this thread and provide an update to whether I am successful it getting disarm to work again.

Thanks again for coming back and updating this thread.  

Wished Arlo wouldn't break our setups/configs to the point we have to reset and redo everything.   It can be a very time consuming and tedious job for many of us.  I have started to research alternative solutions as this is simply getting to be too much and Arlo doesn't seem to care.

acidhorse
Star
Star

No problem.  I should be in no position to complain if you have to go through all of that.  I was complaining just for 4 cameras.  😀  Good luck and I'll add to the board if I run into this issue again.