Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Base vms3500 wont set up to internet

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Aaronam
Aspirant
Aspirant

image.jpg

I bought my system 2 months ago still cannot set up customer service is no help u wait for hours and they cannot wait 10 min for me to try and fix this piece of crap i shouldnt have to go through this on a brand new product

6 REPLIES 6
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Aaronam wrote:

I bought my system 2 months ago 

You say new, but I am thinking used???  The cameras are on the end-of-life list. 

Can you tell us where the setup is going wrong?

Aaronam
Aspirant
Aspirant

The hub doesnt connect to the internt and the arlo app doesnt show the hub i reset my internet . I reset the hub

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Aaronam wrote:

The hub doesnt connect to the internt and the arlo app doesnt show the hub i reset my internet . I reset the hub

What is the LED status?

Does the hub show in in the attached device list of your router?

If it does, have you also tried onboarding using a PC (browsing to my.arlo.com)?

Also, can you confirm whether this is used/renewed purchase or if it somehow is new?

Aaronam
Aspirant
Aspirant

Can u see the photo it was new and yes i was with customer support we did all the proper steps but customer support dint want to wait on hold while i refresh the system we even reset the internet every little thing 2 hours and nothing ..

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Aaronam wrote:

Can u see the photo it was new 

I can see the photo, but there is no way to tell if it is new from that.

You purchased very old inventory - 4 to 5 years old at least, and perhaps older.

Do your cameras use 4 CR132 batteries?  Or do they use square rechargable lithium?

@Aaronam wrote:

yes i was with customer support we did all the proper steps but customer support dint want to wait on hold while i refresh the system we even reset the internet every little thing 2 hours and nothing ..

I get that, but this is a user-to-user forum.  I don't work for Arlo, and have no access to support tickets.-  So I have no direct knowledge on what you did (or didn't do) with them.

If you want our help, please respond to the questions in my previous post.