Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
TDcombss
Follower
Follower

The email notification box is checked......still no notification when motion is detected. Nothing in junk mail either.

6 REPLIES 6
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Try toggling the setting, saving inbetween. A base power cycle might help, too.

1MadSci
Guide
Guide

No emails or push notifications with motion detection, that stopped working a few months ago. No notification of low battery. Discovered camera not working while upgrading the batteries. Have unchecked email and saved, then restored email and saved. Added second email and it sent one notification and stopped.The base hase been reset and power cycled.

I do not believe the issue is at the user end. One of the Netgear upgrades caused several features to stop working. Hardware H7, Firmware 1.2.1034 on camera, VMB3010r firmware 1.8.8.0_11528 on base.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

1MadSci,

It sounds like your email provider may be blocking Arlo alert emails. Try contacting your provider and be sure emails from alerts@arlo.com are not being blocked.

JamesC

1MadSci
Guide
Guide

Thanks for the reply. It does seam like a standard response.

Interesting thing is that it started working again after I posted in a few of the related topiocs. I did not change any email settings after my post. The notifications on the wife's iphone also started working again.

Bob

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

That could be server-side or email provider issues.  There's no real way to tell unless it's happening to many others.  What email providers do you use?  If the same one is used by both people, it may be worth changing one of them to a different one so you have an idea if one provider is the issue.

1MadSci
Guide
Guide

My email provider is Comcast. I added a second email using ATT.net and was not getting notifications in either mailbox.

Both are working now.

Bob