Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Email alerts

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
CTOG
Aspirant
Aspirant

Just installed the system.  When first installed (Apple IPhone) I received one motion alert for each camera via email.  Now all I get are push pin  notices. When I hooked up my wife's phone, she immediately got email alerts - and continues to receive them.  My email is listed in the mode settings and is configured for both push pins and email.  When I did my initial account set up on my phone I probably rejected receiveing email alerts thinking it was for Netgear marketing.  When I set my wife's phone up I accepted the notices.  Otherwise there are no differences in teh set ups.  Help.

1 REPLY 1
Schorschi
Prodigy
Prodigy

CTOG wrote:

Just installed the system.  When first installed (Apple IPhone) I received one motion alert for each camera via email.  Now all I get are push pin  notices. When I hooked up my wife's phone, she immediately got email alerts - and continues to receive them.  My email is listed in the mode settings and is configured for both push pins and email.  When I did my initial account set up on my phone I probably rejected receiveing email alerts thinking it was for Netgear marketing.  When I set my wife's phone up I accepted the notices.  Otherwise there are no differences in teh set ups.  Help.

If yours is the administrator account that you rejected notifications on, you may have to contact Arlo Support to undo that. But I'm not sure, if starting from scratch could reset everything. Before you go through that hassle, I'd contact support, though.

Alternatively, you can set up another account with another email address for yourself and NOT reject getting notified, adjust your rules to include your additional account for notifications and you would be set.