Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Unable to Connect to Arlo Wire-Free Cameras for Live-View from PCs running Windows 7 Professional

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Onikoroshi
Aspirant
Aspirant

I work in a small office that is using Windows 7 pro on our PCs.  

As of 5/3/16 I am no longer able to view the live video of our three Arlo Wire-Free cameras while using a PC running Windows 7 Professional.  Live-view was operating just fine until that day.  I tested several different computers that are running Windows 7 pro, as well as trying both Firefox and Chrome browsers, but none of these PCs can connect to the cameras for a live-vew (I keep getting a "connection failed" message).   Browser versions are up-to-date and so is the Flash Player on these computers.  The PCs running Windows 7 can adjust account settings and view all of the videos that are still being uploaded to our Arlo account video library.  The only thing that appears to be manfunctioning on these PCs is the connection to the live-view feed.

However the live-view to our cameras works on PCs running Windows 8 or Windows 10, a Mac running OS X El Capitan, and on a smart phone running the Andorid version of the Arlo app.  Thus, my suspicion that it has something to do with Windows 7.

Anyone experiencing similar prolems?  I am guessing it is something related to a Windows 7 update (I am told Microsoft usually pushes updates on Tuesdays, which would match the day I lost connectivity).  What are my options for getting live-view up and running again on my Windows 7 PCs?!?!

4 REPLIES 4
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Onikoroshi,

Make sure your browser and Flash is up to date on the affected PCs. Also, some users have had issues when anti-virus/security software is enabled. Disable any you may have and try again to further isolate the issue.

JamesC

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

A little clarity on the antivirus comment - in particular BitDefender causes problems with ports being blocked. Its just a settings change that's needed. Disabling the software is good for a quick test but then you have to track down the offending setting. Search on BitDefender for resolutions.

Onikoroshi
Aspirant
Aspirant

As stated in the original post, the browser and Flash is up to date.  We have Symantec anti-virus, not bit-defender.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The idea is to check the A/V software to verify that a setting isn't blocking access.  I'm not saying that it is, just that it has happened.  The solutions posted for BitDefender may provide a clue for where to look.