Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
jaycandoit
Tutor
Tutor

I understand that there may have been a few people who have not been able to get Arlo EOL product or subscription promo, however, I was the "lucky" few that received that email. Although I am not sure why it is no longer working and I get the notification that says "The code you have entered is invalid. Please check your code and try again." Can anyone help renew or tell me how to proceed with this issue? The promo seemed to work when I tried it out previously but never completed the check out and now I am here.

3 REPLIES 3
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

The EoL offer is no longer valid. These ended on 07/01/2023. The email you received contains these dates and details at the end.

JamesC

jaycandoit
Tutor
Tutor

The email below states that the  EOL for the product and devices was July 1, 2023 but did not specify that the promo was the same time period. Had I known that, I would have made the purchase earlier... That's extremely unfortunate and Arlo's HR, marketing, or genera counsel could have written that to be more accurate, there is a lot of ambiguity in the language.

On January 1, 2023, Arlo communicated our updated End of Life Policy addressing how Arlo would support legacy devices as they age. Some customers voiced concern over how they could continue to utilize the remaining life of their legacy product. More specifically, many customers reached out to us to tell us they enjoy the 7 days of rolling cloud video recording provided with legacy devices and don’t want that service to end.

We heard those concerns and as part of our continued commitment to support our Arlo community, we are pleased to share that owners of Arlo EOL products will continue to have access to 7 days of cloud storage. When your EOL device enters the EOL stage on July 1, 2023, your EOL device will keep 7 days of cloud storage at no cost to you. Arlo will also continue to provide critical security updates to your EOL product for up to 1 year after the EOL Effective Date. For a reminder of what it means when a device is EOL, please visit our Support Page.

Also, to say thank you for being an Arlo customer, we are extending the offers we sent out in the original email. The first is 50% off any Arlo camera or video doorbell (limit 5 devices) available on Arlo.com — just click "Redeem Product Offer" and enter code AEOL-HPF-CWG-PGV-XPR at checkout to redeem.* The second is 75% off any Arlo Secure subscription service for 12 months available on Arlo.com.**

We know you rely on Arlo to protect your everything and Arlo is committed to providing a service you can continue to rely on, even as technology evolves. Thank you for being part of the Arlo family and allowing us to serve you.

Arlo Team

jaycandoit
Tutor
Tutor

Arlo is trash. I bought their first product ever to market and after all these years, you would think they would have a better support staff. If you go on their site, how do you find the email for their support technicians? You either get a terrible virtual assistant that cannot help with much, or you have to go through this community forum. After no solid conclusion, I receive an email  that surveys how Arlo is doing, after clicking it, it leads me back to this forum again! As a business owner, it's difficult, you have to manage cost, but this brand really is terrible and my only petty satisfaction now is to hope more people see this and go for another option, entirely based on lack of support.