Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Durability of wire-free system

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Olsen
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi.

I have a system with 4 Arlo wire-free cameras. 2 of the cameras are approximately 1½ years old and the other 2 are approximately one year old.

Within the last month two of the cameras are failing. One is using up the batteries in about a week without even recording anything. It started before the newly firmware update and I am using quility batteries (have been testing with different brands and the results are the same.

On the other camera the night vision suddenly stopped working (before the newly firmware update). After changing batteries and resetting the base station it worked for a day and then stopped working again. LED´s are glowing red but the recording (or live view) are completely dark.

Are anyone else experiencing the same issues after using the system for a longer period of time?

I am a little sad to have bought an expensive system, just to realize that 2 out of 4 cameras of the system is failing after approximately an year.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Olsen
Aspirant
Aspirant

I did recieve the recent firmware update. That is not the problem.

After a chat with support it was concluded that the camera with faulty nightvision was defect and they are sending me a new one.

I am still in the proces of getting the second camera, which is eating batteries very fast, fixed.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Olsen,

It sounds like you could be experiencing an issue with your cameras being offline due to not receiving the most recent camera firmware update.

For troubleshooting information on this topic, please take a look at this article: My Arlo camera is offline since the release of the recent firmware update; what do I do?

If you are still experiencing this issue, please contact the Arlo Support Team to further investigate the issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.

JamesC

Olsen
Aspirant
Aspirant

I did recieve the recent firmware update. That is not the problem.

After a chat with support it was concluded that the camera with faulty nightvision was defect and they are sending me a new one.

I am still in the proces of getting the second camera, which is eating batteries very fast, fixed.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Olsen,

I am glad to hear you were able to resolve the issue through contacting the support team.

Thanks for letting us know!

JamesC