Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Batteries changed now camera will not sync

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
krisgret
Follower
Follower

I have two arlo systems at two houses on opposite sides of the country.  Last week our caretaker changed the batteries in a camera at our vacation home across the country, and now it won't reconnect.  The other 2 cameras there are still connected fine.  Tried everything, including, of course, another set of batteries, but no luck.  Today I coincidentally had to replace the batteries in a camera in my home, and the exact same thing happened.  The other cameras remain connected fine, but the one with the dead batteries won't connect.  Tried everything.  So obviously this is a huge problem with Arlo when it happened in both my systems, purchased in different states at different times.  Unacceptable!

2 REPLIES 2
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Was the base station restarted using either the Restart button in Settings, My Devices, your base or via the power button?  That could help.  If not, you may need to remove the affected cameras from Settings, My Devices and resync them being sure to only briefly (<1 second) press the sync button on the base.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

krisgret,

Did the troubleshooting offered by jguerdat above help resolve the issue? It sounds like the batteries in the affected camera were low when the most recent firmware update was release, causing the camera to drop offline, you can find more information on this topic here: My Arlo Wire-Free camera is offline; how can I troubleshoot it?

JamesC