Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Rjjenks909
Guide
Guide

The fix for the accumulated library counts is fixed in the new release, 2.9, but it is sending doubled up push notifications, now!

112 REPLIES 112
GeedsGarage
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have an iPhone 7 on IOS 13, and have deleted the legacy app and I’m getting double notifications.
STEVHOF65
Aspirant
Aspirant

Using IPhone XR, IOS 13.

I'm experiencing  the same issue with multiple push notifications.

Can you provide an update on when this will be fixed?

Thanks

Retired_Member
Not applicable
After installing the new app, I started receiving double notifications from every camera when motion detected. I updated my iOS to 13.1 and it is still doing it. Arlo please fix your software!
ZooWall
Guide
Guide
After updating to 13.1 mine seems to have stopped receiving double notifications. iPhone XS Max
Embeeous
Star
Star
Arlo Pro x3 with Base Station
iPhone XR running 13.1.

I updated to 13.1 yesterday and I am most definitely still getting double notifications.
ssbuford
Aspirant
Aspirant

Since downloading the new app, I also have been getting double notifications. Also, having a notification with no recording. The other issue, I am noticing, the app icon shows 5 notifications, I go into the app--look at the footage, but it will not clear the number that sits on the icon. It's up to 48 now--I hope they can get this resolved--I find it annoying, probably just my OCD though!!!

Arlord
Star
Star

deleted old app. installed new one. on 2 different iphones - 7 and 8. both on on 12.4 at time of install. started getting double notifications for one event. upgrade to ios 13.1 didnt do anything. 

r1larsen
Aspirant
Aspirant

Since the recent "New Arlo App" update I am also getting double push notifications for all alerts. I'm afraid to follow some of the steps above and wind up with no notifications or losing access to a remote out-of-state installation that I'm a user on.

nefertiti007
Star
Star

same here 😞 

IOS 13.1

app ver .9(1133)

nefertiti007
Star
Star

Screenshot 2019-09-26 at 13.37.37.png

gegraham
Initiate
Initiate
Why is there still no fix for this?
hwi
Initiate
Initiate

I was hoping with the combined updates of iOS 13.1 and Arlo 2.9.1 would fix the double notifications. Arlo did not even mention it in the app notes as a bug. 

jp22
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes - my experience as well.  When I had legacy app and new app I received double notifications - but it was clear it was one notification from each system.  After I deleted legacy app I went back to one notification.  Now for the past few days I'm getting double notifications.  Definitely post IOS 13 update but I can't remember exactly when the phone updated.

jp22
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes - I'm having issues with that as well.  As well as using the camera positioning mode - if it does work it lags so extremely that it's easier to use the live mode to position the camera.  Also seems that one of my cameras trigger incessantly - yes, I adjusted the sensitivity down - but blowing leaves set the thing off and I don't recall that being problem before.

spoons10696
Guide
Guide

So I was having this issue on an iPhone 7Plus.  Latest ios software, latest arlo app.  Still dont know why and Arlo dont seem like they have any idea why this is happening to so many of us.  My wife was not having the issue on her iPhone XR.  I just purchased a new iphone 11 and since setting that up I have not had any double notifications on my phone.  Again, no idea why not......although I have noticed the video quality has become more pixelated........it just seems to be one issue after another with this company.  For the amount of money they charge and we pay for these cameras you would thing the system as a whole would work much better.  I am definitely not getting 1080p quality video and yes I have the settings set to best quality on all my cameras.

jp22
Aspirant
Aspirant

I just noticed on the desktop view that it shows 2 "Home" devices - the base unit.  That seems new.... I only have one base unit.

HitnBidz
Aspirant
Aspirant
I am getting double notifications and only have 1 home base units showing. Surprised it’s taking so long to get a response from Arlo.
mamarcac
Apprentice
Apprentice

"Surprised it’s taking so long to get a response from Arlo."

It took them literally a month to fix the broken notifications from the security lights, i.e. we were getting zero notifications when events happended, nada, zilch.

Don't hold your breath on Arlo support.

Tjw18923
Aspirant
Aspirant

I deleted Arlo Legacy app and powered cycled my iPhone, still seeing double notification.  I turned off alto notifications and then turn on notification in setting, notification, still seeing double notifications.  Any suggestions is highly appreciated.

LtSteveCox
Tutor
Tutor
Ever since I downloaded the new app and deleted the old one, every time I get a notifications, it sends it twice. How do I fix this?
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@LtSteveCox wrote:
Ever since I downloaded the new app and deleted the old one, every time I get a notifications, it sends it twice. How do I fix this?

It's a bug, you'll need to wait for Arlo to fix it.

LoLill
Aspirant
Aspirant
With new app I get repeat notifications. I have reset base. I have turned off and back on notifications. I have turned my phone off and back on. Very frustrating. Was going to upgrade my system to ultra but now I’m shopping other brands because of this problem and no real way to get Arlo to fix it
rodstrick
Aspirant
Aspirant

Update. I deleted the new device, then synched it again and added it to to my available devices. Triggered motion on it and a second camera and got double notifications for each. Arlo you can do better than this!

iPhone 5S

iOS 13.1

New Arlo app

Arlo VMB4000r3 base (Model space above did not offer and would not allow 4000)

Arlo 2 cameras

RolandH
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have the exact same problem. One of my cameras and doorbell stopped connecting so I resyched and now I get double notifications.

So irritating.

shpiex
Aspirant
Aspirant

Also experiencing double notifications. iPhone SE, new Arlo app, deleted legacy app. Base station + 3 Pro cameras and 1 Pro 2 camera. Please address the issue and provide a fix ASAP.