Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Rjjenks909
Guide
Guide

The fix for the accumulated library counts is fixed in the new release, 2.9, but it is sending doubled up push notifications, now!

112 REPLIES 112
HitnBidz
Aspirant
Aspirant
See attached
Gnobbe
Guide
Guide
iPhone running latest iOS 12.4.1 - see attached screen shot of double notifications
Rb123
Aspirant
Aspirant
I’m getting the double as well, very annoying!
StaceyH
Aspirant
Aspirant
I seem to be one of the many with double notifications too. Is anyone having issues with geofencing not triggering “home” or “away” as well?
Lawndawg
Initiate
Initiate
Iphone 12.4.1
Mattwat007
Initiate
Initiate
I have iPhone XR and just started getting two notifications for each motion event. Two duplicate notifications every time.
Rjjenks909
Guide
Guide
I am running 12.4.1 iOS. Newest download of the Arlo app.
Attached one example screenshot of double push. Each camera does the same double.
Wheelspinz
Star
Star
JessicaP I have an iPhone X with the latest iOS 12.4.1 when I get the next double push notifications I will post a screenshot when I have it. No motion triggers yet since you asked.
Frank8282
Tutor
Tutor
Wheelspinz
Star
Star
JessicaP I cannot post a screenshot, the website states:

Correct the highlighted errors and try again.
The file f93a3491-99ea-4f12-b79d-2b75ee8dcc89.jpeg does not have a valid extension for an attachment and has been removed. jpg,gif,png,pdf are the valid extensions.
GazzyFizzle
Initiate
Initiate

Same thing here.

Arlo Pro x3, and a Base Station, installed 2-3 weeks ago.

Every single motion detected notification is x2 now.

iPhone 8 on latest software.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Have you moved to new app and deleted the old app?

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Embeeous
Star
Star
Arlo Pro x3 and a Base Station.

Two iPhones, one running iOS 12.4.1, and the other running iOS 13.

Both have removed legacy app from phone and installed new app.

Both phones are getting two notifications per event.

The problem started with the new Arlo app, it has nothing to do with the latest iOS update.

What is Arlo doing to fix this???
ZdoubleU
Tutor
Tutor

I finally just deleted all the HomeKit features after multiple calls from Arlo Support. They were not able to fix the problem Wasn't worth my time any more. Sad that it doesn't work.

And as an added bonus of terrible things that this new update has brought me, now I get two notifications for every movement on my cameras.  Not a happy customer here. 

hwi
Initiate
Initiate

I am also having the double notification issue. iOS 13 installed, updated Arlo app, and no Arlo Legacy app on my phone.

M_n_A
Tutor
Tutor

Since being forced to update the Arlo iPhone app (9/2019) I now get duplicate notifications on my iPhone 8 (ios 12.4.1), however my wife's identical iPhone does not have this problem after the update. The only difference is that I removed the old Arlo Legacy app from my iPhone, but my wife still has both apps installed. Any idea how to stop the duplicate notifications on my iPhone?

Stlfan
Initiate
Initiate
I receive 2 notifications for one alert. It was happening when I had both apps installed. I Deleted the old app and it started acting normal, now it went back to sending 2 notifications with one alert. I have an apple iphone, any suggestions?
pooh2372
Aspirant
Aspirant
Double notifications on iPhone SE and iPhone XR. Try to attach a screenshot but it keeps saying there’s an error. This is very annoying please fix ASAP!
Madatbass
Initiate
Initiate
rodstrick
Aspirant
Aspirant

I just added a new Arlo Pro 2 camera (to my existing 3-camera system) this past weekend (9/21/19) and started getting double notifications immediately afterwards. Never had them until I added the new camera. Additionally the new camera sends motion detected alerts but doesn't record anything, sends motion detected push notifications to my phone when I click on Live on my computer  (and vice versa), and on two occasions has recorded motion activity but not sent the recording until 2 hours later.

jcgomez15
Aspirant
Aspirant

When I upgraded to the new app, I started receiving two notifications for every one event. How do I change that setting.

DoneNick
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have a Pro 2, with an iPhone 8 plus running on iOS 12.4.1. I deleted the legacy app about 2 weeks ago, so only have the current Arlo app. For at least a week now I’ve been receiving double notifications for a single camera event, it only shows one recording in the library. I would post a screenshot of the double notifications but it’s says my photo file size is too large
JHo88
Initiate
Initiate
Somebody needs to fix these annoying double notifications!!! It’s been going on for at least 5 days now. What gives guys? Figure it out!!!!
ochemdoc
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the same problem with my iPad using iPad OS 13.1.  The iPhone on iOS 13.1 does not have the same problem.   I am using the new Arlo app and deleted the legacy app.  It happens on all 3 of my Arlo pro 2 cameras.

Dannybear
Master
Master
I recently got the double notifications using the new arlo iOS App. I went into the iPhone storage settings and deleted the app then reinstalled it. This seems to have resolved it but am now getting other issues with the mode status showing incorrectly and the new recordings indicator not clearing. They only clear after I login again with the app and open the library.

I guess I need to reload the app everyday like I power cycle the base stations to keep them working. Sadly.