Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation
gsrockmoon
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi Guys,

I am living in the UK. Recently I want to buy the Arlo camera. I have a Virgin Broadband (Super hub) in my flat. Does Arlo camera or the base work properly with the Virgin router?

Really need the answer before purchasing it.

Thank you

Regards

Eric

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
MoonLandingMike
Tutor
Tutor

I have a 4 camera setup using Virgin Media superhub 2. Works perfectly. Nothing to change on the router, just plug it in sync the cameras and find another DIY project. They are almost too easy to set up.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Hopefully someone in the UK can answer this.  Don't think we've had much talk about Virgin broadband.

Other UK users have had issues with ISP-supplied equipment that was solved by upgrading to newer version.  HomeHub3 was the one in particular, IIRC.  In general, as long as the router or ISP doesn't block netgear.com you're fine. However, we'll just have to wait to see if others chime in.  I guess you could ask your ISP if there's newer equipment available to swap out what you currently have. Is the SuperHub a router, also? Can you configure it or is it locked down?

MoonLandingMike
Tutor
Tutor

I have a 4 camera setup using Virgin Media superhub 2. Works perfectly. Nothing to change on the router, just plug it in sync the cameras and find another DIY project. They are almost too easy to set up.

gsrockmoon
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for your info.Smiley Happy

gpas
Aspirant
Aspirant

"I have a 4 camera setup using Virgin Media superhub 2. Works perfectly. Nothing to change on the router, just plug it in sync the cameras and find another DIY project. They are almost too easy to set up."

How? Mine superhub router has no sync button. The URL in the booklet doesn't work.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
I think you misunderstand. He was saying you have to do nothing other than to plug the base into the router, sync the cameras to the base using the usual procedure (briefly press the base sync button) and everything should work fine.
gpas
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yeah I just found out I need a base, which I don't have... 😞