Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Do NOT update your Arlo app!!!  They just deleted videos without my permission! I had footage of a crime that was committed that I needed as evidence. 

When I called the help line they said they deleted all the videos and there is no way I can get them back.  I said it was unauthorized and I told them they just destroyed evidence that may save someones life and they just said sorry it's deleted and they can't do anything about it.  They said this over and over and over as if they were reading it from a script. As if it was a common compliant.  This was obviously a help line that is in another country.  So they had them saying the same thing over and over.  

I'm so frustrated because I LOVED Netgear and Arlo becasue they gave me the footage of something I suspected was going on.  They made me feel safe and secure. And then they DELETE the only evidence I had without permission.  

This is ridiculouis! I'm contacting an attorney and the local DA about this.  

6 REPLIES 6
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

It's not a question of updating...

it seem more like a question of backing up or downloading (to the local computer) those videos the user deems important.

All users are limited to a DAY limit, be it 7 , 30 , or 60 days... If you get any important files/vids  download them asap. Netgear has mentioned this many times in the past when asked about cloud storage being the only method.

That said, there may be a slight chance you can still acess the vids ( slight ) via a tip from another user ( kudos to Jeff )

If you've used a browser before the update and not after, a cached copy of the old sw may be there... if so, there may be acces to the files.

I tried it in Chrome ( normally use F Fox ) and old version came up and I d/led a test vid from the recycle bin ( after restore )

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
jgandhi19
Aspirant
Aspirant

What about all of the recordings during their "update" outage of ~6 hours?  I have nothing available to view during that window.  I was receiving motion detection notifications, but I have nothing in my library.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

If the system was down, there's no video to get back...sort of when you electricity goes out

Morse is faster than texting!
jgandhi19
Aspirant
Aspirant

I understand, but swinging over or migrating services/databases/etc. from one to another can be performed with little to zero interruption if crafted carefully, tested thoroughly, and validated prior to release.  It feels like NONE of this occurred.  Pretty terrible customer service to have a huge interruption in service during business hours in North America, in what I would assume is the largest market for this product.

Veteran
Aspirant
Aspirant

WHAT IS THEIR HELP LINE NUMBER..... I'M TIRED OF TRYING TO GET MY CAMERA TO GO ON MOTION AND AFTER READING MANY IDEA'S I NEED TO TALK WITH SOMEONE IN TECH IF THERE IS SUCH A THING!!

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

If you look at the top right of this page, you'll see a Support link. Then there is a section on the new page withe Helpful Links. Just have to look for the info already displayed.