Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo camera will not sync

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
MarcWUKUK
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi, there seems to be a lot of queries around the syncing of cameras to the base, however none of the solutions work for me......does anybody have any other tips as I have followed, re-followed & re-re-followed(!) the Arlo support answers but still cannot get my 1st camera to syc? Thanks,

5 REPLIES 5
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Maybe it's a bad camera.  Open a trouble ticket.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

MarcWUKUK wrote:

Hi, there seems to be a lot of queries around the syncing of cameras to the base, however none of the solutions work for me......does anybody have any other tips as I have followed, re-followed & re-re-followed(!) the Arlo support answers but still cannot get my 1st camera to syc? Thanks,

As mentioned, there is a possiblity of a bad camera....

Open camera remove and reinstall batteries then below.

That said, the MOST common mistake of users sync'ing cameras is that they HOLD down the base sync button which is incorrect !

The base syc button takes a QUICK push only and you should see the camera led on the base flash... then push the sync button on the camera.

The cam should flash quickly blue for a short while... if it starts flashing amber, the sync did not take , try again when both stop flashing.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
Nine29
Guide
Guide

Had the same problem syncing one camera.  Called Tech Support and they had me connect a micro USB cable from the camera to one of the USB ports on the base station.  The camera immediately went through the sync process without doing anything else.  The micro USB port on the camera is located under the small white rubber plug inside the battery compartment near the front top edge.   Hope this helps...

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Usu only needed when you brick the camera by interupting the sw update.

Morse is faster than texting!
MarcWUKUK
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you for your responses, great to see a forum that is interactive. I have now resolved the issue by rebooting the base station and reconnecting to the router........I then sync' my camera and "hey presto" it worked 1st time......thanks again