Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Adding Second Base Station

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
Turtl
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm trying to add a second base station to my Elite account. However, despite following the instructions, I am unable to add the Base Station as there is no option in the Settings/Subscriptions to Add Base Station, nor does it automatically discover or recognise the new Base Station.

The new Base Station is going on the same network as my other Base Station, which is still working fine.

I have also tried to add the Base Station by performing a New System Setup. It seems to discover the device, but then the system wants me to pay $189 for it again!!!

So, I'm out of ideas. If I do register the new Base Station via the New System Setup process, it does show up in my devices, but it won't allow me to do anything with it, and it says that I have one too many Base Stations (it's like as if I am on a lower subscription than Elite, example: Premier). In my account, it does show that I can have up to 15 cameras, but only one base station... I think this could be a setup problem in the Netgear system - would this be a valid assumption/guess?

3 REPLIES 3
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

There should be an option to add a second base at right side botton of subscription page... where it shows allowed bases and connected bases... by clicking on the base logo or the connected base area.

If it is not working, then contact Netgear ( so your assumption is correct )

BTW:

Here's the full procedure page;

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Arlo-Knowledge-Base/Adding-a-Base-Station-under-the-Elite-Plan/ta-p...

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
Turtl
Aspirant
Aspirant
There is nothing on the page to add an additional device
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

The previous link is from the old verson of sw....

The new sw allows a base to be added by clicking on "ADD DEVICE" on bottom of live view screen

Morse is faster than texting!