Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
CooperBlack
Aspirant
Aspirant

Direct storage access was working perfectly. I could view my locally-stored videos perfectly. Then it suddenly stopped working and I get the error "Videos stored on Base Station are not available. Please check your connection settings". I have triple-checked to make sure my iPhone is on the same local network as my base station.

When I remove and view the contents of my SD card on my desktop computer, the video recordings are all visible, but when I put the SD card back into the Base Station, I get this error.

I have reformatted the SD card, rebooted, re-installed the entire system (base station, wired doorbell, and 4 Ultra2 cameras) and it still gives the same error.

My iPhone iOS did recently update to version 15.3.1; maybe this caused the problem? Nothing else in my system has changed.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
CooperBlack
Aspirant
Aspirant

Problem solved!

When I most recently installed the Arlo app, when asked if I wanted to allow the app to access my Local Network, I answered "no". This, of course, made it so I was unable to see the Direct Storage video recordings on my SD card because the Base Station (and hence SD card) are connected to my local network.

The problem was solved by going to my phone settings, then Arlo, then toggling ON the "Local Network" switch.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@CooperBlack wrote:

My iPhone iOS did recently update to version 15.3.1; maybe this caused the problem? Nothing else in my system has changed.

It is still working on my iPhone 12 mini (also running 15.3.1).

Did you try restarting the phone?

CooperBlack
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'll double-check and make sure I've done this; I think I have.

Yesterday I completely uninstalled all Arlo devices and re-installed as if I had just purchased the system. After 18 hours it's still working but I haven't actually gone into the Arlo app to make any adjustments to the settings; I'll do so after another day or 2 of (hopefully) working correctly. I'm very skittish.

Thank you for your suggestion.

CooperBlack
Aspirant
Aspirant

Actually, the direct storage did NOT work after a complete re-install. Nor does it work after rebooting my phone and the Base Station. I get the same error message.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Please reach out to the Support Team to further investigate this issue you are experiencing. You can find several options for contacting support though the Arlo Mobile App by navigating to Settings/System/Support.

CooperBlack
Aspirant
Aspirant

Problem solved!

When I most recently installed the Arlo app, when asked if I wanted to allow the app to access my Local Network, I answered "no". This, of course, made it so I was unable to see the Direct Storage video recordings on my SD card because the Base Station (and hence SD card) are connected to my local network.

The problem was solved by going to my phone settings, then Arlo, then toggling ON the "Local Network" switch.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

That's great to hear. Thanks for the update.