Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
R_Lowe
Luminary
Luminary

My Arlo cameras will arrive next week, but I don't believe I fully understand the difference between a push and email notification.  Could somebody tell me in easy-to-undersand language and if it is desired to have both?  [Reading further is optional.]

[My Situation:  My computer access at work and home is mainly on PCs (I also always have my Ipad and MotoX Android smart phone near me).  Typically, I hear a sound on my Ipad and/or MotoX that I received an email so check my Yahoo email on the PC.  When the email is from Dropcam re some minor motion, I click on the email link and it takes me directly to the Dropcam video.  I'd guess the same situation would occur with the Arlo (obviously it would with an email) --- but wondering if the sounds I'm getting for my emails ARE push notifications.]

2 REPLIES 2
4vrnvr
Apprentice
Apprentice

R_Lowe wrote:

My Arlo cameras will arrive next week, but I don't believe I fully understand the difference between a push and email notification.  Could somebody tell me in easy-to-undersand language and if it is desired to have both?  [Reading further is optional.]

[My Situation:  My computer access at work and home is mainly on PCs (I also always have my Ipad and MotoX Android smart phone near me).  Typically, I hear a sound on my Ipad and/or MotoX that I received an email so check my Yahoo email on the PC.  When the email is from Dropcam re some minor motion, I click on the email link and it takes me directly to the Dropcam video.  I'd guess the same situation would occur with the Arlo (obviously it would with an email) --- but wondering if the sounds I'm getting for my emails ARE push notifications.]

Your situation is the email notification. The push notification is what you receive from the arlo app on your device. So if you have the arlo app on your tablet or phone, the push notification will show up on your status bar. You would open the app to see what it was. No link or pic like in the email notification. Hope that makes sense.

Greg

R_Lowe
Luminary
Luminary

Thanks Greg.