Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
ant
Mentor
Mentor

I still had to keep manually retrying many times to update each five of the four years old five cameras to v1.4.293 for hours again. They kept telling me to update and then "Firmware could not be updated. Please try again later. (Error code: 4208)". Argh. I can't believe Arlo never made this better. 😞

Thank you for reading and hopefully answering. 🙂

8 REPLIES 8
TareqSamra
Aspirant
Aspirant

I changed houses and now after 7 months found the time to install my Arlo cams.

Had to reset base station in order to the connect it to the new internet router. When adding the device it keeps saying Firmware could not be updated (The firmware on your Arlo base station has  failed to update). Tried to reset it again with no luck. Called Arlo customer service with no luck. 

Is there anyway i can get this update solved.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It's possibly due to you Internet connection speeds. Use speedtest.net to test and post results for both upload and download here.

It may also help to go through the pain of removing all devices and start fresh to clear out weirdnesses.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Another possibility is low battery levels. Have you tried fresh batteries?

TareqSamra
Aspirant
Aspirant
The netgear base station is connected via power adaptor no need for batteries. the message I’m receiving while I add the device on my Arlo app
SteviePit
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm having the same problem (UK). I keep getting the "error code 4208" when trying to update the firmware.

I set the 3 camera system up yesterday. Hub firmware updated. Two camera's firmware updated. One is being awkward.

I left it overnight. I've rebooted the hub. I've taken the batteries out of the camera and rebooted. I've removed all devices and redone everything. Same issue with the same camera.

Any ideas?

Screenshots of camera info and Hub info.

Screenshot 2020-04-24 at 14.58.19.png

Screenshot 2020-04-24 at 14.59.24.png

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi ant and SteviePit,

The firmware should automatically update between 3-5 am. You can read more about it here: What do I need to know about Arlo camera firmware updates?

Let us know if you're having problems with your camera firmware not updating.

SteviePit
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi Jessica,

Thanks for your reply.

Yes, I read all that before my original post. The camera is not updating overnight. Its' been connected for five days now. In the app I'm getting the message about updating the firmware so I follow the prompts to update. Nothing happens and the message reverts to 'update available..." I go through this scenario many times a day but nothing happens. So I've just left it.

Can you do anything remotely?

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

I would suggest to contact the Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.