Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Devices showing offline in app but still get footage saving to cloud library

Discussion stats
Jdenz
Follower
Follower

Devices and hubs showing as offline in iOS app. Still getting video saved to cloud library when motion detected. All 3 hubs have been restarted and show connected to internet. Internet is working well otherwise. Was working an hour ago. Is there something wrong with the app or server?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

The development team has released a cloud side fix that should resolve this issue. You should see your cameras start coming back online shortly.

For any users that factory reset or removed their cameras/base station from their account, you will need to re-oboard using the "Add Device" button within the app.

For more information, see https://status.arlo.com/

JamesC

View solution in original post

Best answers
  • JamesC
    Community Manager
    Community Manager

The development team is continuing to investigate this issue. Please do not restart or remove your base station/arlo devices to troubleshoot this issue. Once the team has found a resoluton we will provide an update at status.arlo.com

JamesC

• JamesC
    Community Manager
    Community Manager

The development team is currently investigating reports of this issue. For more information and updates, keep an eye on status.arlo.com

JamesC

19 REPLIES 19
moprabbit
Guide
Guide

Tonight all my 7 Arlo go cameras are offline. Is this something to do with Arlo or Vodafone whose smart sims I use? Thank you

Ashepard
Aspirant
Aspirant

I’m offline too.

All my cameras went offline around 9:20pm UK. Internet is good. I tried power cycling the base stations (I have two). No change. Looks like system is down ???

Mattman200
Aspirant
Aspirant
  • Good evening.
  • My arlo hub is saying offline in the app. I'm getting notifications from my doorbell and the light on the hub is solid blue (connected) yet the app is saying offline for all cameras. Anyone know how to fix this problem?
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

The development team is currently investigating reports of this issue. For more information and updates, keep an eye on status.arlo.com

JamesC

Jess929292
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi, recently owned this arlo hub with 4 cameras connected, woke up one morning to the cameras being off-line and the hub flashing amber. Troubleshooting has been done. Please help

moprabbit
Guide
Guide

Thank you for your reply. Yes, I think the system is down. Not much good for security cameras! Hope they get it sorted out soon.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

The development team is continuing to investigate this issue. Please do not restart or remove your base station/arlo devices to troubleshoot this issue. Once the team has found a resoluton we will provide an update at status.arlo.com

JamesC

Akitajones
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi. The base station went down flashing amber, the whole system went down..I’m not getting anything (21:20hrs).

has Arlo gone down.

many thanks

SunMoon
Tutor
Tutor

Hi All,

I noticed that the Arlo servers are down this morning. App shows cameras are offline. At the same time my base station shows a solid amber internet light. Is this in any way related to the Arlo servers being down or is this a separate local connection issue with my base station? I have contacted my ISP and they confirm the issue isnt my modem. I have done all the usual trouble shooting such as power cycling on and off (several times), checking the ethernet and adaptor connections etc. I want to confirm that the solid amber light is indicative of an arlo server issue before doing a base station reset. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Keef_uk
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have 3 Arlo cameras connected to a VNB4000 base and a wired doorbell connected directly to my WiFi. After several years of fairly trouble free usage, today NONE of the devices show as on-line. My internet is connected and working and everything else on my WiFi network is connected and working.

What could be the problem here - I reiterate that every device is Offline, including the Base Unit and it's devices and the wired door bell directly connected

I have completely reset network & router several times...

Keef

Elaine-99
Aspirant
Aspirant

All my cameras have gone off line, nothing wrong with wifi. I’ve updated the app and IOS and tried to re sync the cameras and nothing. has anyone else had this, is it a system wide issue

91ford
Tutor
Tutor

Have unplugged everything and retried this a few times. But app says arlo is offline. Base station won't connect to internet but my modem and wifi is all working regardless.

chrchr
Guide
Guide

I can live without the cameras a couple of days (removed the batteries from the cameras to stop recording all the time). What I cant stop thinking is that arlo has so much power of the stations so if the stations are not connected to their network, the cameras are gone… That means that if arlo decides to stop supporting an early base station and removes it from their network, all the cameras will be gone… Sad story

ellesalvatore
Tutor
Tutor

Arlo base station won’t connect to the internet. Was working just fine last night.

Have tried unplugging, checked cables, checked internet, factory resetting, but is still flashing orange.

Help!

FoxRaynard
Star
Star

Same has just happened to me and nothing works to fix it.

I suspect a bad firmware update.

It wouldn't be the first time!

Just seen the reply from the community manager. Don't Arlo test their releases ? :S

Or even putting a notification on the support home page so we don't all have to search through pages?

Freddo_Frog
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same problem now here in Australia. Detected at 08.30hrs (EST Australia). All devices in app and on dashboard are offline. Base Station VMB4000 displays yellow light on internet connection. Power and device light connection lights are green. Internet working as normal and on on all other devices in the property.

Arlo system was working normally at 00.50hrs (EST Australia) this morning.

Restarted base station, same issue. Restarted router and broadband interface and base station again. Same issue.

Did app (android) update at 09.30hrs, same issue.

Last time this happened (2 months ago) I spent hours and hours over a week resetting base station and reinstalling cameras, doorbell, chime, floodlight until the dev team finally identified the issue at their end. I don't want to do that again!

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

The development team has released a cloud side fix that should resolve this issue. You should see your cameras start coming back online shortly.

For any users that factory reset or removed their cameras/base station from their account, you will need to re-oboard using the "Add Device" button within the app.

For more information, see https://status.arlo.com/

JamesC

timos68
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi James. After doing 3 factory resets and re-adding all my cameras, the smart hub (I was unaware there was a software fix being developed your end) has been coming online for a few minutes but then goes back to flashing amber. Please advise when a definite fix is likely. I seem to be able to access it from my iOS software but I currently cannot add devices to my guest’s account while it is flashing…

Hemiblue
Aspirant
Aspirant

As of today, my app for Arlo updated on my iphone 13 pro max. Since, the update I'm getting recorded videos, but I have no live view. It states that my hub is offline, which it is not. My internet connection is good, I've rebooted everything. Has there been any reliable solutions for this issue?