Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Devices not showing up on new Arlo app on iPhone 6S but shows up on wife's iPhone 7 Plus

Discussion stats
  • 15 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Carlloeb27
Tutor
Tutor

hi all just like most folks on here i too is having trouble with the new app,ive got the basic arlo package with 3 cameras,ive got a iphone 6s running ios 13.1.2 so my problem is i downloaded new arlo app and when opened it just says add new device so done what screen says i.e plug ethernet then power wire then on discovering your device screen a few second on says no arlo device found so start process again but reset base unit and still nothing so followed the items in the need help section still nothing deleted old and new app and reinstalled them still nothing on the new app but old app works apart from receiving notifications but the funny thing is the wife has a iphone 7 plus she downloaded new app and it works fine on her phone so i dont know what else to do just to add ive never had a problem with the cameras till this point can anyone help

15 REPLIES 15
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi Carlloeb27,

Have you tried reinstalling the Arlo app and rebooting your iPhone 6S to see if that helps? And are you the main account holder or is your wife the main account holder?

Carlloeb27
Tutor
Tutor

Yes I have reinstalled the app countless times and yes I’m the main account holder and I updated my phone too.cheers for the reply

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Could you try checking when you log on to your account with your wife's phone (iPhone 7 Plus) and have her log on to her account with your phone (iPhone 6S) to see how the notifications are working?

Carlloeb27
Tutor
Tutor

Hi Jessica well we have manage to download the new app onto my phone but the problem is that I don’t have admin rights to switch on and off cameras and it’s not showing in mine and the wife’s settings so who is gonna grant me access,I had access before as I was the lead name.thanks for helping

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

To look at your account more, let me reach out to you via private message to gather some information from you.

Carlloeb27
Tutor
Tutor
Hi everyone after getting help from Jessica regarding new app I have now realised that I’m not getting the utilities like camera positioning and motion detection test why is this so I’m glad I’ve still got the old app
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Could you provide a screenshot that shows you're not seeing this option on the new Arlo app?

Carlloeb27
Tutor
Tutor
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Thanks for providing the screenshot. Make sure that you have "allow access rights" enabled on your grant access account to be sure you can see "Device Utilities" on your account.

Carlloeb27
Tutor
Tutor

Hi Jessica 

yes I have access rights but it’s still not showing this on the new app

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

I would try checking on the web client on your computer to see if you're able to see the "Device Utilities" section. Otherwise, try to have your grant access removed and re-invite again with giving "Allow Access Rights" to see if that helps.

Carlloeb27
Tutor
Tutor

Hi jessica

yeah I’ve tried that but to no avail,not sure why they brought out the app because I’m probably not the only the one who will be having issues with it,just glad the old app works still so it looks like I will keep both apps as two is better than one

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

If you're able to see it through the Arlo Legacy app but not on the new Arlo app, I would suggest to contact the Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.

JohnandMichelle
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have an LG Android version 7.0 that has 7.6GB of storage space available. I have now tried to download the new app ten different times, each attempt lasting upwards of fifteen minutes before I cancel the request, to keep my battery from being drained.

According to the comments on the Support page, it appears that people are able to access it, but it keeps disappearing, or some other degree of issue, but I haven't seen any comments about it simply not downloading.  

What is going on with they system?

Carlloeb27
Tutor
Tutor

Well im glad I’ve still got the old app to change any settings I need also I’ve downloaded the app loads of times and deleted it to see if that would help but it didn’t