Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 7 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation
petals58
Guide
Guide

I have the Arlo App on several devices and I have noticed that when accessing device view, there is a 'warning' symbol appearing top right.  The symbol is a red circle.  Within the circle is a red exclamation mark on a white shield.  Whatever I do, i can't get rid of it.  Have tried unistalling the app and reinstalling but the symbol stays.  If i click on it, I just get a text information box with a couple of options re 'call friend' and call 'e911'.

I am not sure if I have a problem which I need to worry about so would be grateful if anyone could help.

Thanks.  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
RWG23
Initiate
Initiate

The "Devices View" red exclamation mark inside a white shield inside a red circle is [in the UK] an alledged ploy to get you to alter your subscription.  I have the Basic sub. and if you touch the warning symbol it gives you two choices.  In the UK 'e911' doesn't exsist. The "call a friend" tab it takes you to another page where you are given the chance to upgrade to a higher subscription.  As far as I can see, the Basic does the job it was designed for, and, if you are happy with it then just ignore or check out the symbol periodically, you're getting a free service with Basic - it's your choice.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Prob cause the 911 or call friend not set up

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
RWG23
Initiate
Initiate

The "Devices View" red exclamation mark inside a white shield inside a red circle is [in the UK] an alledged ploy to get you to alter your subscription.  I have the Basic sub. and if you touch the warning symbol it gives you two choices.  In the UK 'e911' doesn't exsist. The "call a friend" tab it takes you to another page where you are given the chance to upgrade to a higher subscription.  As far as I can see, the Basic does the job it was designed for, and, if you are happy with it then just ignore or check out the symbol periodically, you're getting a free service with Basic - it's your choice.

petals58
Guide
Guide

Thanks for that.  I have just the basic subscription which is sufficient for my needs as well. I’ll just ignore it as I can’t seem to even temporarily get rid of it!

DStateDDB
Initiate
Initiate

I don't consider this an acceptable solution. The use of a red symbol with an exclamation point over a shield implies Arlo's security is compromised. It's an unacceptable scare tactic that needs to stop. It does not give me the sense that my Arlo Baby cam is a quality product that I can rely on. Judging from the complaints in product reviews of connection drops, delays, and poor quality, this only makes me more uncomfortable relying on this product.

Considering, most of the Arlo camera line of products are designed for home security, I think this is a poor choice of marking tactics. Why would I pay more for for features of a camera that is telling me itself is insecure with that obtrusive red symbol that I can't get rid of?

This is a terrible heavy handed use of screen space obnoxiously reminding me my child is not safe. Samsung/Arlo developers need to get rid of it, now.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

And then there was all the whining about the placement and size of the previous alarm bar. Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

Edinburgh_lad
Apprentice
Apprentice
Gosh, the last line sounded like 'Brexit, now'. Scary stuff.
petals58
Guide
Guide

It would be nice if there was a way of getting rid of the symbol on the alarm bar ince you’ve read it! Personally I now find it quite annoying just sitting there!

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It's there so you can activate it if necessary. It's not going any place.