Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
Samseth
Initiate
Initiate
Have a Arlo netgear 5 wire free HD security cameras. It’s been working great. This morning my phone said Arlo cameras are offline. The power green light stays solid. The next button Wi-Fi flashes green constantly. The camera light stays black. All these are on the bass. There are I think 5 lights altogether. Only power (solid)and Wi-Fi lights (blinking) are on. Don’t know what to do.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Samseth
Initiate
Initiate
The problem was the batteries. We have 5 cameras. 3 of the cameras had rechargeable batteries in them. We recharged those batteries and re- synced them to the bass and everything is up and running. We are ordering more rechargeable batteries for the other 2 cameras. Thanks

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You don't mention the color of the Internet (WiFi) LED but since it's blinking, I assume it's green. The Camera LED being off implies that either the base needs to be claimed or that no cameras are connected. Do you see the base in Settings, My Devices and can you access the various settings? If not, use the Add Device selection on the Devices tab to claim it. If you do see the base in your settings, try syncing a camera to it. Make sure the batteries are good - when you close the battery door, the LED should blink blue briefly to indicate power has been applied. Briefly press the base sync button (don't hold it for 2 seconds) and then press the camera sync button. The Camera should blink green and the camera LED should slowly blink blue. A successful sync will result in a rapid blue LED on the camera while a failure will be an rapid amber blink.

Samseth
Initiate
Initiate
The problem was the batteries. We have 5 cameras. 3 of the cameras had rechargeable batteries in them. We recharged those batteries and re- synced them to the bass and everything is up and running. We are ordering more rechargeable batteries for the other 2 cameras. Thanks