Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Hirsch
Guide
Guide
My app says we are sorry the database service is currently down. Please try again. Is this an issue on my end or an issue with arlo?
280 REPLIES 280
Czmkid
Guide
Guide

Put your sorries in a sack ARLO!  I cant access my cameras to make this stop and my batteries are draining.  Will you be providing New Batteries to original Arlo owners after this fiasco.  I’m sure the fix will have to be hands on with boots on the ground near the base station.  This would be great if my system was near me.

Another Arlo fail.  When they work its great but then you have to deal with this BS. Arlo base in another country or location?  Too bad for you....because more than likely the ‘solution’ will be to reset the base station.

MikeBravo
Luminary
Luminary

@Aurora414wrote:

Why is it so difficult to get support! My network has been down for over 12 hours and I cannot get any flipping support or resolve for the issue.

I can login fine now, however none of my cameras are there.

gottude63
Initiate
Initiate

My system is also down and says database service is unavailable. Is Arlo working on this?

warprints
Star
Star

They claim to be working on it.

kcasella
Initiate
Initiate

resetting doesn't work either....

18llc
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same here in CA. Was able to get in for a minute, then got kick out. Recording and notifications still working.

strictlybznz007
Aspirant
Aspirant

I agree with you Czmkid... I'm frustrated here as well and I thought it was on my end either my pc or I pushed something wrong and I was ready to re-do my pc! Good thing I went here first!

Initiate
Initiate

Likewise 

@kenny_boonwrote:

All,

i live in the UK and my arlo system has just gone offline and will not come back on. tried disconnecting and reconnecting but nothing

anyone else getting this?

Yea likewise 

strictlybznz007
Aspirant
Aspirant

OK.. this is getting deeper I've just read a post that was down for 5 hrs.. yours is "12" wtf... mine was about 2 hrs! ... Indeed why we were'nt emailed regards to this!

Oakee
Aspirant
Aspirant
I'm here in Oakley California in mine says the same thing.
strictlybznz007
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks as I was about to do that, I did not bec. you may have to dwnload or re-do the camera's to activate again, I did the smallest easy troubleshooting first as check the wirings! All I did first just turn it off and on, but then with that stupid message "database is currently down" I thought it was on my end as far as my configuration on my pc, checking all the features on settings! 

Oakee
Aspirant
Aspirant
I'm here in Oakley California in mine says the same thing.
djKaSE
Aspirant
Aspirant

Modesto, CA.

It looks like the cameras are still sensing motion and uploading the videos. I clicked on the push notification when it picked up motion and the app was able to show a functional library. Was even able to download the video. Can’t access the recordings any other way right now. The videos are also not being saved to the USB drive. Weird. Hopefully yours are also still recording.

Sma0213
Aspirant
Aspirant
In Michigan mine is down also
Jalljeddou
Guide
Guide
Think about it guys. "Database service issues". What's kept in this database, and how is it related to me accessing my cameras while they are actively recording?! Does net gear still have control of their own database? I will ask this again, and hopefully one of you guys is smarter than me when it comes to database issues lol
Aren't login information kept in this database? Could the lack of explanation on the interruption in the services be somehow a security breach and access have been denied to everyone, until they figure out what the hell is going on?
NukeJr
Guide
Guide

Florida here.

Bought and installed system yesterday. Seemed a great entry level wire free system. I am regretting this.

Went in to adjust sensitivity and received the wonderful message of this thread that everyone is getting. So now I am stuck with a ridiculous amount of notifications that I can't stop unless I put Arlo as spam.

This is the THIRD Netgear product I have purchased with unsatisfactory results. First router, with hundreds of complaints over 30 pages of on the Netgear thread and yet unresolved. I bought another thinking maybe mine is just antiquated. First was a AC1900. Second. AC2300. It has issues too but at least it mostly works. Zero support thus far on anything. This does not include non Netgear sites.

I should have known better than to buy another Netgear product. The lack of support and reliability is loathsome.

What security do I have?

nektar57
Initiate
Initiate

Yes it is down according to their tecs. I was told to wait 12 to 24 hrs before logging on.

I asked if my system continuse to no work or cannot log on should I throw it in the garbage and was told yes.

How do you like that for customer service!

nektar57
Initiate
Initiate

@Hirschwrote:
My app says we are sorry the database service is currently down. Please try again. Is this an issue on my end or an issue with arlo?

Yes it is down according to their tecs. I was told to wait 12 to 24 hrs before logging on.

I asked if my system continuse to no work or cannot log on should I throw it in the garbage and was told yes.

How do you like that for customer service!

Kmander
Tutor
Tutor

In Northern California, library is up now, cameras still altering, but devices are not available with a Not connected to the Internet message.  Don't want to disconnect local storage to see if it's working because I can't re-enable it without access to the base station. System online since Sept of 2017, first issue I've had. Amazing how much I have come to rely on these cameras. 

NukeJr
Guide
Guide

Mine is new enough for a refund. Otherwise it would have to go in the circular file

masiero84
Aspirant
Aspirant
Same problem in Italy guys.. It's definitely the netgear system down, nothing that we can do unfortunately
tines66
Aspirant
Aspirant
Idem database is down from venice italy
Czmkid
Guide
Guide
PeetS
Guide
Guide

Yes and payment, personal details are kept in a Database.. really hope Arlo has adequate security in place to prevent intrusion. I have emailed CEO to vent my frustration at how bad support and their customer relations team is. We are clients so treat us like we are..

Lentil
Initiate
Initiate

Netgear/Arlo techies & managers are textbook arrogant incompetents.