Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Hirsch
Guide
Guide
My app says we are sorry the database service is currently down. Please try again. Is this an issue on my end or an issue with arlo?
280 REPLIES 280
AGoodfriend
Initiate
Initiate

After 37 minutes of wait - spoke with "Expert 46403" who told me to uninstall and reinstall on my Android.  I explained it was a known "global" issue and i could not log in using Chrome or Firefox.  She admitted that her suggestion would not fix my problem - it is just what they tell people.  Sad...very sad...I have 542 dog generated motion alerts sent to my phone...at least I know my puppy is active and having a good day (oh wait...543 now)

Jalljeddou
Guide
Guide
Yes!!! Especially when you use the system to monitor the most precious ones In life!
Bforbravo
Aspirant
Aspirant
Same here in Northern Nevada. Literally received and set up my 3-camera system yesterday, not off to a good start here.
Hirsch
Guide
Guide
Mine is still down it been down for over two hours now
Buck123
Aspirant
Aspirant

Having the same problem in South Carolina.  Have rebooted 4 times and it came up one time, then right back down again.

I have an iphone 7 and restarted my phone, and it did not seem to help either.

I have had my 4 camera system for over a year and love it!  Let's get it worked out Arlo Tech's.  It has got be on your end.

AngeloM
Arlo Employee Retired

We are aware of an issue where our Arlo customers are temporarily unable to login into their account. The Arlo team is actively working to restore this feature as soon as possible. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. Please stay tuned.

Tskinner
Aspirant
Aspirant

Any word when the database will be back up? Its been down since 9:30 m last night

MrRocknRoll
Guide
Guide

I can get in from the web now, but the app still says DB service is down

MichelleYee
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same here.  I got the same message.

FamilyInFla
Star
Star

Yet another problem with the Arlo platform; from a pink screen, to pixilation for the first few seconds of a recording, to failure of night time recording, to failure to sense motion. My system has been a constant headache and not operator error as my profession is electronics and software. Would not recommend Arlo to anyone. A system with over $1100 invested is not a reliable security option.

Raymen
Aspirant
Aspirant
nthawkeye
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same here.  Why doesn't Arlo/Netgear ever admit that the had a bum server release/update or are having server issues?  They never admit that they are having issues and always bum it off on their WELL paying customers.  Not a great business model.  If I had known this prior to forking out so many hundreds of hard earned dollars for this faulty system, I definitely would have shopped around more.  

Most major online service providors at least have a section in their website for solution status.  Does Netgear???  Nope.  

yunwwang
Tutor
Tutor

Still down in Illinois. Saw both database error and authentication error since 7:30 this morning

kenny_boon
Tutor
Tutor

my hub has no recordings for at least 9 hours (UK)

VinnyE
Tutor
Tutor

Not logging in. Same as everyone else I believe. I'm in Kentucky and rely on these cameras. Any indication of status or any update on the matter?

brh
Master
Master

This is the first major outage in the 2 !/2 years I have had this system. There is nothing we can do about it right now so everyone needs to just chill and let them fix the problem

Brian

AndersMarty
Aspirant
Aspirant

I've had my system for over a year. I have never experienced this until today. Not sure if that's good news or bad news as far as the future goes though.

cyberone3
Star
Star

they need to just give ups gui acces like most other camera so we get 7 day clough recording free 

i have plenty of storage to do almost a year work of recording so why not just give us an option and have direct access 

JonBoz
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes, the service is currently down in Carbondale, Illinois. So, it looks like nationwide problem. Interesting.

kervana
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am having an issue with connection to internet. It is connected, but it's not showing me live video. I also receive this: We are sorry, the database service is currently down. Please try again.

Spidertots
Aspirant
Aspirant
Same here. Server is down. I had a package stolen yesterday so now is a terrible time to not have my cameras working properly
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

We are aware of an issue where our ARLO customers are temporarily unable to login into their account. ARLO team is actively working to restore this feature as soon as possible.

We apologize for any inconvenience this might cause.

For updates on this issue, please see here: Arlo Service Down - Temporarily Unable to Login

JamesC

JDunn1
Aspirant
Aspirant

My system is also saying I am not connected to the internet. It will connect but go right back out again. Not liking this one bit!!!

adaos
Aspirant
Aspirant
Same here in Vancouver Canada. down since 5:30am. noticed last night Arlo had software update. could that be the cause to server being down? Not satisfied at all with netgear products.
Bodger2
Aspirant
Aspirant

Down in the UK