Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Hirsch
Guide
Guide
My app says we are sorry the database service is currently down. Please try again. Is this an issue on my end or an issue with arlo?
280 REPLIES 280
RedHroogar
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes me too since about 2hours ago. Database and authentication services are down??

Abmet
Apprentice
Apprentice
Can’t connect here either get notifications of motion but all cameras offline. Just got got three cameras last week, not a good first impression.
sn0wballz
Star
Star

Adding my name to the list of people who are unable to access our cameras. Getting the "Authentication down" message.

jkmail
Apprentice
Apprentice
They need to get this fixed . I have had about 80 hits and cannot see anything . For something so expensive you get no response from anyone on what’s going on .
Styro77449
Initiate
Initiate

Okay guys, when your customers don't have access to their security systems, that's kind of a big deal. When are you fixing this? 

Ashley2018
Initiate
Initiate
Here in Toronto Canada, system was working fine around 6am.... and now down!!!! So annoying, security at its worst.
sn0wballz
Star
Star

It's clear we are all having issues and by now Arlo support surely knows. I'd be patient and let them work on it. It seems that motion recording is still being triggered, you just can't view the recording or see the camera live right now. Have patience!

FamilyInFla
Star
Star

Same here, yet another reason to HATE Arlo!  Can't disarm the system, so the push notifications just keep coming while I work in the yard. I would not recommend this company to anyone!

SirCIso
Tutor
Tutor

Still offline, just put these up yesterday and Arlo system is already going down. Nice way to invest good money on offline cameras.  

dantrinca
Aspirant
Aspirant

Need update when system is restored.

dlr32
Aspirant
Aspirant

im having the same problem.....ugggghhhh!!!!!  come on Arlo!!!

jennypugh78
Initiate
Initiate

I just tried deleting the cookies thing and it didn't work for me. But thanks for posting that.

BretD
Arlo Employee Retired
Dear Arlo customer,

We are aware of an issue where our ARLO customers are temporarily unable to login into their account. ARLO team is actively working to restore this feature as soon as possible.

We apologize for any inconvenience this might cause.

Stay tuned!

Best regards,
The Arlo Team

____
Please click KUDOS or REPLY If you found this helpful.
Mccoyshelley
Aspirant
Aspirant
Same here in Tennessee. Someone was knocking on my front door. No way to see who it was without going to the door. Not safe!
metime
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same here, for last couple of hours

CaroleAnn
Aspirant
Aspirant

I received an email message giving me one reply posted for joining this discussion.  Forget my "New Badge,"  I want someone to contact me.  I am in the suburb of Detroit.  These cameras are at our cottage in Northern Michigan.  I count on this working!  There is something going on at my cottage, hundreds of miles away, and I cannot get "Authentication."  How much of my batteries are being drained by this?  

TELL US WHAT IS GOING ONE!  We all spent alot of money for this security system, and IT IS NOT WORKING.

I have now been on hold for over HALF AN HOUR.  I am very fustrated with this product!

Titanzoom
Tutor
Tutor
I’m getting the same message as well. This system seems to quit working every few months. Starting to think that is is a pretty unstable system. Impossible to get help from Arlo.
PeetS
Guide
Guide

What a crap service. I got these cameras yesterday and my first day its offline. Please someone tell me why I'm not able to view my cameras while I am on the local network? We do we all have a dependency on a third part network block us access to cameras on our local LAN? I'm in IT infrastructure and am disgusted there is no redundancy on their servers.. yes there is out and yes we suffer outage but what is Arlo's RTO RPO? Seems like this has been down for some time and like mentioned by other users there is no communication from Arlo on a) acknowledgement of issue b) what is affected for example will my cameras record? c) when can we expect the service to be up? I'm in two minds moving over to NEST.. First day in and I'm not have a good experience. Was 45 minutes on hold to arlo but gave up.

warprints
Star
Star

I've had cameras for about a year and this is the first time the system has gone down for me.

It seems that if the Arlo service is down, the base station doesn't work - even for direct viewing on local network.

Witoonbkk
Initiate
Initiate
Problem Logging in all 3​ OS.
Win10, Oreo, OSX.

First app​ said database​ download.​ Next authentication​ unavailable.
And​ netgear​ let the​ customers imagine whats happening!
What is the​ timeframe to solve these problem.
This is not What​ customers​ expect from​ expensive products.
sn0wballz
Star
Star
Just a FYI to those flipping out, this isn’t a Normal thing for Arlo.... and I am pretty sure motion detections are still being captured
Kuvtutub
Tutor
Tutor
Broken Arrow, OK, still down since 6. Thought it was my end till I started doing some research. Sucks! Getting all these notifications and can’t turn it off. Netgear needs to work on there communication skills!!! After about 2 hrs to wondering why, finally got the error message pop up every time I tried to log in!! Guess it world wide!!! Net gear y’all need to work better on this, I just joined you guys for about almost 2 wks only. Don’t want to return the product cause y’all suck at communicating.
warprints
Star
Star

My cameras were working until 8:01 a.m. Central Time this morning.   

tx4evr
Tutor
Tutor

after 40 mins on hold I get someone that I can't understand because they are probably based in a foreign country.  She then put me on hold again and asked what the problem was.  When I told her she said they are aware and working on it. LOL.  I said you would think if the system is down they could send out an email to their customers informing them of this.  She said please check the communtiy forum.  again LOL.  

I guess I should turn off the base so I don't receive anymore notifications until the system is fixed?