Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Discussion stats
  • 24 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 10 In Conversation
CloudHopper
Apprentice
Apprentice

At the same time that the image smearing issue developed, I started getting these intermittent errors when logging in to the Arlo web console, and also when changing tabs in Arlo. The errors are:

We're sorry, the database service is currently down. Please try again

We're sorry, Arlo is currently unavailable. Please try again later

Is anyone else getting this?

24 REPLIES 24
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

saw it quickly yesterday or day before, but for me it lasted only about 5 mins, all was fine after and it didn't repeat.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
rasbilll
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have had it for 2 days. WiFi is up & running fine, but camaeras cannot connect. Resetting the Base station did not help.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

rasbilll,

Welcome to the community! Are you getting a message telling you the cameras cannot connect or are they not syncing to the base station? Please let us know what you are seeing so we can further assist you with the issue.

JamesC

j_r_n
Apprentice
Apprentice

I've been seeing "We are sorry, the database service is currently down. Please try again." on the website today. I've seen it in other recent days as well. Everything is up and connected. It has come back after no intervention from me. It's down right now again.

j_r_n
Apprentice
Apprentice

And now I'm getting "Your base station is not connected to the Internet. Please make sure it's powered on and connected to your router." It is connected and has power. My system has been offline all day.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

j_r_n,

When you get this error message is the base station actually offline (amber internet light on the base station) or is there a green internet LED? The browser and network you are using to view would also be useful information in trying to isolate the issue.

Please let us know!

JamesC

j_r_n
Apprentice
Apprentice

Everything is back online now so I'll have to wait until it happens again to answer your question about the LED. By "network you are using to view" what do you mean? As far as broowsers, I looked from Safari on my Mac, as well as on the iPad and iPhone. 

BTW, I also will get notifications that are not backed by videos. That happened this morning as well as on other days.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

j_r_n,

Thank you for the update. When asking about your network I mean are you accessing from your home network or a WiFi network away from home such as your workplace or a 3g/4g connection. 

JamesC

j_r_n
Apprentice
Apprentice

Away from home.

CloudHopper
Apprentice
Apprentice

My database service errors stopped appearing about a week ago. The smearing has also disappeared and the image quality has improved. Not as good as it originally was, but still a significant improvement.

I had a message from Arlo second line support saying they implemented a server fix last week. Time will tell if they fixed the smearing issue, or whether these things are coincidental.

j_r_n
Apprentice
Apprentice

I think they gave them to me, CloudHopper

Pairofmedix
Aspirant
Aspirant

JUst started receiving the same error message yesterday and has not resolved as of yet.  Tried re-booting and no luck.  The Arlo program on my android devices is operating fine.  Everything is online and I have green lights across the base station.

Ed

CloudHopper
Apprentice
Apprentice

j_r_n wrote:

I think they gave them to me, CloudHopper

Yeah, the Arlo curse moves around. It's gotta land on someone. Try an exorcism if tech support doesn't help.

curry1
Aspirant
Aspirant

My camera doen`t seem to work anymore. I also get the database isn`t working error message. All the lights are green and the camera is synced. I can`t access video. I don`t know if it is recording or not. Maybe its got something to do with Windows 10  browser. Who knows.

curry1
Aspirant
Aspirant

Mine hasn`t worked for weeks. The base station says the camera is on, and connected to the internet. My router website also says the base station is connected. I have no videos though for weeks. The camera doesnt seem to be working. Its probably some browser issue. Who knows.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

curry1,

Is the running man on the cameras screen green or grey? If it is grey that means motion detection for that camera is inactive. You can check to see if your camera is recording by moving in front of the camera when the mode is set to all motion on and then checking the library for content. If no content appears, check and make sure the rule that tells the camera to record upon detecting motion is active within the all motion on mode.

I hope this helps!

JamesC

REB1593
Tutor
Tutor
I changed the batteries and I am getting motion alerts. But Basestation reports as offline and the app shows devices off line so I can see nothing from a video perspective only green screens. When I try to reset the Base from the app it says the "messaging service" is down.

Been like this for weeks. This system is flawed, not reliable imho.

I need a solution and stability in this set up.
j_r_n
Apprentice
Apprentice

REB1593 - I've been getting the same error recently. I've rebooted the system, it works for a bit, but then the next morning I've got all green screens again. Really frustrating. Seems like this issue has become dramatically worse in 2016. Rebooting the system is not a reasonable fix when one has cameras that are hours away. Tech support and engineering does not seem to understand that.

I'm on the verge of returning the cameras (if I can) given these repeated problems that have been occurring in January. Does anyone have suggestions for alternate and more stable solutions?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Not a fix but try the other method of access - app or browser, Try a different browser.  For the app, try WiFi and 3/4G.  Also, when not displaying properly, what's the state of the LEDs on the base station?  Lit? Color?

j_r_n
Apprentice
Apprentice

jguerdat - I have tried multiple browsers on multiple platforms (Mac/Win). I have tried the iPhone and iPad apps with and without WiFi. As I mentioned in my previous post, my cameras are hours away so I cannot tell you the LED colors on the base station.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Any chance you can get someone to physically check for you?

j_r_n
Apprentice
Apprentice

jguerdat - Nope. If I did, I'd have had them reboot the base.

janejulie
Aspirant
Aspirant
my arlo camera stopped working this morning and it says the messaging service is currently down when i try to restart it
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

janejulie,

What is the behavior of the internet LED on your base station when you see this error? Are you still having this issue?

JamesC