Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
TheWatcher24
Apprentice
Apprentice
I set a rule that one camera triggers the other ,because the motion detection is so bad and unreliable, , and the apparent lag time causes the 2nd camera to record too late , leaving me with 1 minute and 20 seconds of nothing going on
6 REPLIES 6
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It's hard to say from afar. Positioning of the cameras is key. Post screenshots with detailed descriptions of the motion.

TheWatcher24
Apprentice
Apprentice
Screenshot just shows camera A- picking up vehicle driving by at 12:10
Screenshot for camera B - just shows noone on road because, although the time stamp shows 12:10 the camera doesn't record until after the vegi le is gone. The cameras are approx. .60 feet from each other with the base unit in between them in house window. The lag time between. The cameras shouldn't be that long , correct ?
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

There's no screenshots to view.

TheWatcher24
Apprentice
Apprentice
I just described the screen shots. Camera A is supposed to record and trigger camera B to record .
Camera A records the last 3 seconds of an object moving thru field of view, while camera B records after they are gone from field completely even tho object passes thru camera A first
TheWatcher24
Apprentice
Apprentice
Now camera B says its offline, for no reason , the batteries were replaced last week
And Camera A wont detect motion until you get within 5-6 feet away
What happened to this system ???
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The reason for the screenshots is to suggest placement modifications. We can't see what you do. Many detection issues boil down to poor placement/aiming.