Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Could not connect base station - Train technical support better

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
raquelgoza
Follower
Follower

I have spent hours and hours with Arlo and Verizon trying to connect my base station after switching to a new Verizon 5G gateway.  I probably made no less than 50 attempts over several sessions following the directions religiously, which required that I climb up and down a ladder. I could see that the verizon router was trying to connect but wouldn't. Arlo said it was because I now was using 5G and my base station required 240ghz. It's a dual router. Then they said it was a port issue. My router was set for automatic port forwarding. I tried to buy a new 5G base station but they are out of stock. Today I decide I should stop paying for my subscription since I had no functioning cameras. When I went online to cancel I saw the ability to try to add a device via the website. At no time did an Arlo tech suggest that I try to connect from my computer instead of the app. It worked. But how frustrating to not be given these easy instructions. I was about to buy a new base station or possible switch to a Ring system.  When this system dies, I will switch to the Ring after this frustrating experience.

1 REPLY 1
Dannybear
Master
Master
The trick to use the arlo web portal to add devices when the arlo mobile app fails to work has been about for years on this forum.
The issue I think is not so much that extra training is required but for arlo to make their software functional.
Additionally it would be ideal if arlo took more notice of issues reported here on the forum so that the issues like you had could have been avoided.