Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Controlling motion det settings with schedule?

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
TheSparkdawg
Aspirant
Aspirant

My camera needs to be at 100% sensitivity at night and 70% during the day.  Is this something that can be controlled with the schedule feature?

I ask this because I started looking up how to set the arlo schedule and the tutorials I find are frustratingly confusing.  If this is not possible then I'm not wasting my time trying to learn scheduling because otherwise my cameras are always on.

Right now I'm just adjusting the sensitivity manually before bed and after I wake up.  Sometimes I forget and that 100% during the day eats up the battery quickly.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You'll eventually wan to use the schedule but first you need to create at least one custom mode (I'd suggest two). For one, create the new mode, Daytime or whatever you like, and add your cameras with sensitivity set to 70% for each one. Create a seond new mode, Nighttime or whatever, and do the same thing only set the sensitivity for each camera to 100%.  Now use the schedule with appropriate times for each new mode.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You'll eventually wan to use the schedule but first you need to create at least one custom mode (I'd suggest two). For one, create the new mode, Daytime or whatever you like, and add your cameras with sensitivity set to 70% for each one. Create a seond new mode, Nighttime or whatever, and do the same thing only set the sensitivity for each camera to 100%.  Now use the schedule with appropriate times for each new mode.

TheSparkdawg
Aspirant
Aspirant

Ok, I actually got the thing set up.  Here are two things I got tripped up on in case anyone else has issues:

When setting up the mode it will first ask you to pick a camera.  If you are wondering why it won't let you just set both cameras up, you can.  You just have to set them up one at a time because these are the RULES inside each MODE.

Secondly, when setting up the schedule, it is not circular!  I am set up according to night and day, but you can not schedule the camera to run past midnight.  You must set it from midnight to it's morning cut off, and then set it's night time activation time until midnight.

i.e.  you can't set 7pm to 7am and then 7am to 7pm.  It has to be midnight to 7am, 7am to 7pm, 7pm to midnight