Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Control of shared devices

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
GoneSailing
Aspirant
Aspirant

How do I turn on or off shared devices? My wife can turn my original cameras off and on, as well as her own cameras, which were added later. But I have no control over her cameras in terms of shutting them off or on.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
GoneSailing
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes, it's two separate systems. And I figured it out the solution:

On my wife's Arlo smartphone app, I hit Settings. Then open Grant Access. Then open the person to whom you granted access (in this case, my wife). In the upper right corner, hit Edit. Scroll down to Allow Access Rights and turn it On. Then hit Save.

We both now have access over each other's cameras, including full control over other functions. This comes in handy when you want to turn your spouse's cameras off or on when deemed necessary.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

This sounds like two seeparate systems. If this is the case, the access must be shared from both accounts to the other.

Who has the master accounts?

GoneSailing
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes, it's two separate systems. And I figured it out the solution:

On my wife's Arlo smartphone app, I hit Settings. Then open Grant Access. Then open the person to whom you granted access (in this case, my wife). In the upper right corner, hit Edit. Scroll down to Allow Access Rights and turn it On. Then hit Save.

We both now have access over each other's cameras, including full control over other functions. This comes in handy when you want to turn your spouse's cameras off or on when deemed necessary.