Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Continuous offline issues

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
frustratedarlo1
Initiate
Initiate

Cameras worked fine the first few months.  Then all the suddent they start going offline.  Then we re connect and they are fine.  Then an hour later one or two out of five go offline.  This is absolutely ridiculous.  Obviously something happened with a recent software update and Arlo needs to fix this!  I see many others are having the same issues.  We have spent over six hours rebooting, reinstalling, re syncing, do everything possible and it is still happening.  ARLO HELP!   This is what the screen continues to show: Your device is not connected. Make sure it's connected to your router and has a working Internet connection.

I wish we had chosen a different system- this one is a nightmare!

1 REPLY 1
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Instead of panicing, reset the system and start fresh.  Yes, it may have been an update that caused this or not.  Use the reset button on the base until the LEDs flash amber.  Remove all devices from Settings, My Devices.  Use the Add Device button on the Devices tab to add the base and then sync the cameras.  Be sure to only briefly press the sync button on the base (<1 second).

What went wrong?  Who knows?  But there's likely a way back.