Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
yockyw
Guide
Guide

I have the latest Arlo Android app (and latest firmnware on my devices) and since I updated the app it can hardly ever retrieve the status of my system. Even when it can retieve the status it takes a very long time to do so.

As a comparison, when I long into My Arlo via a browser the status is retrieved instantly with no issues.

This is unbeliveably frustrating and is making the whole ststem virtually unuseable for me. The geofencing facility is not the greatest and I often have to disarm the system manually. The other problem is that I can't even log into My Arlo on a browser on Android as it tells me to use the app instead.

I was very surprised not to see other threads about this here, as the Google Play revies for this app mention this issue quite a lot.

7 REPLIES 7
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Which phone and OS version....

then is it the same on wifi and 4G ?

Normal response is to delete and reinstall the app and test again

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
yockyw
Guide
Guide

Thanks for replying.

It's a Samsung S6 running stock 6.0.1

Same on issue on wifi and 4g

Will try reinstalling the app.

TKNT81
Apprentice
Apprentice
Have a look at my post:
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Arlo/Arlo-Android-App-2-3-2-16308-GETTING-STATUS-BUG/td-p/1252846

Root cause is known and Arlo Netgear is working on a solution.
yockyw
Guide
Guide

OK, thanks for that.

I don't have great expectations this will be fixed quickly. How do I roll back to a previous app version? 

Actually I worked ou how to roll back and the previous version works fine.

Nitekate
Tutor
Tutor
How do I roll back to an older versionI'm having the same problem and my system worked Great up until a month ago. Now it buffers, doesn't record, no audible notifications. They need to stop breaking something that worked!
yockyw
Guide
Guide
I just searched Google for "Arlo 2.3.1 apk", downloaded it onto my phone, then ran the file.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Just be sure to scan the file.  I don't trust anything from the Internet without scanning with multiple scanners first.  Even then there's no guarantee.