Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

New camera not working

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation
Shlomi
Aspirant
Aspirant
I bought three cameras and two of them do not work. The light blue is not on.
I changed batteries and it did not help
7 REPLIES 7
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Shlomi wrote:
I bought three cameras and two of them do not work. The light blue is not on.
I changed batteries and it did not help

We are talking regular Arlo cameras here ?? 

Check battery positions ( see this below) , if you have a voltmeter, new OEM cells read 3.2v when new

Back of camera is down

20170414_074533.jpg

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
steve_t
Master Master
Master

As Tom said

Additionally, I always put the batteries closest to the back in first as sometimes you'll put the far ones in first and the magnet will grab them and put the in the back slot but it's with the wrong orientation

Shlomi
Aspirant
Aspirant
The batteries are good I checked them and put them in the camera that works and they are fine
Shlomi
Aspirant
Aspirant
The batteries are good I checked them and put them in the camera that works and they are fine
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Not to be redundant but how did you check them?  I'd use the batteries from the working camera to ensure this.  Also, don't push the batteries down - they've been known to stick.  Just place them and let the battery door push them into place.  When you do this, the blue LED should flash briefly to show the camera is powered. If this doesn't happen, you can swap at the store or open a case with support here using the Contact Support link at the bottom of these pages.

Shlomi
Aspirant
Aspirant
I can't
I'm from Israel
These cameras are not sold here
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Use the Contact SUpport loink at the bottom here to initiate a chat or email conversation.  You'll need to use the country where you purchased them from.