Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
Arnold18
Initiate
Initiate

I know this board is filled with similar posts.  But the situation is so bad I have to pile on.  Hopefully Netgear is doing something about this - although I have yet to see anything to say they acknowledge the problem.  Maybe if we all complain and poorly rate the system, they will take notice.

It is at the point where I cannot put my camera's in live mode without getting a series of "can't connect", "try again later", "camera timeout", etc. messages.  Sometimes after fussing with things (keep retrying, reset base station, turn cameras on/off), the live stream will connect.  Most of the time it doesn't.   I have tried everything recommendation that I found in the support and community forums.  It shouldn't be this hard to use.  I'm remote most of the time - but isn't that why you need a system like this?

Everything worked fine for nearly a year.  This behaviour seemed to start late this summer.  I sure wish I could revert to the software/firmware levels I had when I bought the system.  Now I have no faith in Arlo's ability to watch over my house. 

I've concluded that this is a problem brought on changes done by NetGear.  I've tried everything to fix it and way too many people are having the same problem.  Now stuck with a lemon.  Maybe Santa will bring me a competitor's system next week .....

Sorry - just had to vent. 

4 REPLIES 4
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
While it shouldn't be needed, have you tried a total reset? Remove all devices from Settings, My Devices and then use the Add Device button on the Devices tab to add the base and sync the cameras.
Fr
Aspirant
Aspirant
Unable to access arlo .. Keeps telling me I must update app to continue. Have tried multiple times without success. Now I can't get into see camera funtioning. Very frustrating. No phone # to make contact with customer service!!!#
Arnold18
Initiate
Initiate

Yes, twice.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
Uninstall the app and reinstall. There's a Contact Support link at the bottom of the desktop version of these pages.

https://www.arlo.com/en-us/support/contact.aspx