Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Constant Base station off-line

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
wetdog
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have a VMS3330 base station and 6 cameras that were purchased in 2 batches (3 with base station then 3 later).

I have had constant issues with the base station going offline.  This has never been solved and I have been through numerous support tickets where we swap power supplies, ethernet leads etc. All other connected devices are fine and nothing has changed on any of my wireless, modem, router etc.  So every few weeks the base station goes offline and then all the cameras flatten their batteries trying to resync.  A few weeks back 2 cameras went offline together.  Both had plenty of battery before they went offline.  I put fresh batteries in both and one immediately resynced without needing to press sync.  The second camera would not sync and despite Arlo helpdesk telling me I couldn't have any walls between the camera and the base station (!) we went through all sorts of hoops of swapping the new batteries with batteries out of a different camera (like that could do anything) and eventually Arlo concluded the camera is faulty and have agreed to send a new one.  A week later exactly the same.  2 Cameras both with plenty of battery have gone offline for no reason.  Put new batteries in both, one comes back on line, the second refuses to sync.  I have deleted it and it will not reinstall.  I'm sick of this system.  I must be nearly £700 in ignoring the fortunes on new batteries every time the base station goes offline. 

I left the two cameras that wouldn't re-sync on my desk and kept trying them, then after a week they would both magically sync.  But here we are two weeks later, base station gone offline again, all batteries flattened in all cameras, all batteries changed for new ones and 2 cameras wont resync.

Support try and help but its just pointless swapping of batteries and ethernet leads, none of which are or ever have been faulty.  The system is not fit for purpose.  Sick of it. 

5 REPLIES 5
GYPSYRD
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi. I dont know how to fix the issue either. I go throught the same thing every week. Call support and they make ya do the same  you already have done before you call them and in the end its the same...no solution. Hope you find a resolution soon.

wetdog
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi,

thanks for reply.  So frustrating isn't it.  I had the base station go offline again last week for no reason.  All batteries flat again and required multiple power offs to get base station back on line.  And then amazingly all 6 cameras would sync, including the 2 which have steadfastly refused to sync for a couple of weeks. So either all 6 cameras and the base station are faulty (as all 6 cameras have done the effusing to sync fault at some point,) or the base station is faulty like I've been telling Arlo since it was almost new.  

GYPSYRD
Aspirant
Aspirant

yw and thanks for replying as well. I have 6 cameras and 2 bases. Both bases do the same. Yes I go thru this daily. One day all camaras work. Next day they may seem to be working but no alerts no recording etc... Then out of the blue internet goes poof. But everything else keeps internet except the camera.  then when I reboot everything I will be lucky if all 6 cameras will come up online. 3 may appear on line and 3 say offline or all 6 online or still offline.. If they still appear offline after rebooting I have to retrieve each camera, resync and reposition and its time consuming and frustrating. I stop calling into tech support becuz its so frustrating they have me do what I have already done before i called. I understand thats the protocol no problem but when its all said and done there is no resolution. I even bought my own router and you think that stopped issues? has somewhat but No same headaches everyday. These cameras say wifi but i have to run an ethernet cable from base to router. Light on router is red. all other lights r white. How is it wireless wifi? So as you have said "constant failures" 😞

Thilland
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have been having a very similar issue.  This morning I checked again and all 4 cameras are offline and the batteries are dead in 2 after 4 days.

J_Boy
Tutor
Tutor

I have exactly the same issue. To me it happens once a week. Need to power off the base station to bring it online again and then re-sync all cameras. Batteries are almost dead after every occurance. Extremely enoying. If anybody has a solution please let us know. Thanks!