Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 10 In Conversation
dockt
Aspirant
Aspirant
Have double checked email address, entered and saved in app, requested confirmation email be sent multiple times, but have never received the confirmation email. Hence, I receive NO email alerts. However the "friend" I added received their invite, confirmation email, and accepted. But they are not getting email alerts either, we assume because the primary email has not been confirmed.
10 REPLIES 10
salje
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi dockt,
Can you check your Junk mail folder to see if the confirmation is there?
dockt
Aspirant
Aspirant
Yes, I have checked the Junk folder. No confirmation email is there. I have received other emails from arlo, but no confirmation emails, nor any email alerts.
ChristineT
Arlo Employee Retired

Good morning Dockt,

I am working with our engineering department on your reported issue and can confirm for some reason the email is getting bounced back to us. We are investigating this further but would like to ask that you add alerts@arlo.com to your safe sender list for testing purposes.

If this is a corporate email address you may also want to touch base with your email administrator and have them add the domain of arlo.com to the safe/white list as well.

Please let me know if that resolves the issue. In the meantime, I will continue to work with our development team to determine the root cause of this issue.

Best Regards,

Christine

Arlo Team

____
Please click KUDOS or REPLY if you found this helpful.
Doc
Initiate
Initiate
I am not receiving email notifications either. My wife the primary is. My son, the other friend is too.
laurenc
Luminary
Luminary

Hi @Doc

Thank you for reaching out. Can you please confirm the following information:

1) Did you receive an invitation email to create your own account? 

2) After creating the account, did you receive a second email that your account is setup, and click on the link to validate your email address and receive alerts?

3) Under your wife's primary account is your email address listed in the Rules to send email alerts? Please see our Knowledge Base for more information on adding a new email address to receive alerts: https://community.netgear.com/t5/Arlo-Knowledge-Base/How-do-I-turn-on-off-email-notifications/ta-p/1...

Please let us know if you are still experiencing any issues with email alerts. 

Best Regards,

Lauren

Arlo Team

terriso
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am having the same problem and have done everything you listed above but still never got an confermation email from Arlo to my hotmail acct. Why dont you have a phone number to call?

PLEASE PLEASE HELP ME

Webproze
Aspirant
Aspirant

Having the same problem.  I've put the address in the 'safe senders', I've even looked directly on the server prior to my client pulling the email down to the desktop and no go.  I also invited my wife to be a 'friend' on the account, and she never received an email either.

Something must be up with your email relay.

KristynM
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Webproze,

If the above troubleshooting did not resolve the issue and you are still unable to receive the confirmation link, I suggest for you to contact our support team for further assistance.

Regards,
KristynM
Arlo Support Team
Bamajr711
Aspirant
Aspirant
I can not get a confirmation email. It is telling me confirmation email fail
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Bamajr711,

Are you still seeing this behavior? I have tested this and was not able to replicate any issues with sending the confirmation email.

Please let me know,

JamesC