Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Condesation water got into battery compartments of both Alro Wire Free, no Infra-Red night vision

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Philby12
Tutor
Tutor

Hi, all, in case someone already has had a answeerr to this and I have read similar posts about this and maybe someone got reponse from Netgear, while I wait for my support case to be answered.

Over last two nights due to I suspect cold temperatures moisture has got into battery compartments of both my Arlo Cameras. Kind of surprised this could happen being indoor outdoor cameras.  Quite cold in Melbourne Aust in Mid July.

Seems a bit of a design flaw here that they don't have some king of gasket to seal lid of battery compartment.

I have dried cameras out, ( dry rice idea a few suggested in prast posts worked well) 

They work okay, batteries are fine, I multi metered them to check 3.v dc power each remaining. (93% charge left according to my Netgear device page. But one Camera is trying to turn on its Infra-Red night vision, I can tell that from the red LED’s lights flashing on and off and on the screen of the cameraon my Netegar account webpage, a white flashing light over black background. 2nd camera doesn't even try to do this. Just black screen when dark.

So what do I do?

Both cameras were mounted angled down from a height so water should have ran off them.

Any ideas guys? Or did they have to be returned under warranty, mine are not even a month old. 

Cheers

Phil

3 REPLIES 3
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Sound like a trouble ticket from Netgear to be honest.

See support; http://www.arlo.com/en-us/support

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Philby12
Tutor
Tutor

Thanks for reply, Tommac.

Had already done that at same time as my post, but just posted here in case otehr's had had an answer, as I did a search of posts and saw I was not alone with this happening and wondered if other users with same problem, what outcome was.

Anyway, let's see what Netgear say when they get back.

I read about using dry rice to absorb the moisture and tried that before my post, both have been in a bowl of dried rice for another 24 hours now. Going to test them soon to see what that did.If anything. One with Infra red trying to come on, indicates maybe it stil had some mositure. As when one looks at screen in night view, as I said you eiither see flashing or on oteh rone it is like little white bubbles on screen with black background.

Cheers

Phil

Philby12
Tutor
Tutor

Hi again.

One camera has appeared to have dried up any left over moisture itself overnight, as it seems to be working fine on day and night vision.

2nd one, which had the Infra-Red LED's flashing, is still doing that, but I can see why, the batteries compartment lid will not shut fully.

Even with no batteries installed. see picture.IMG_0630.JPG

Thanks
Phil