Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Combining one Arlo Q with Arlo Pro..how seamless does this work?

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
shaolin95
Apprentice
Apprentice

Hello!

It is my understanding that the Arlo Q wont connect to the base but at least in terms of the app, will it be pretty seamless with the Arlo Pro?

I want the Q for indoors as I like its IQ better and then the Arlo Pro outdoors for its wireless installation.

Any feedback is appreciated.

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It works through the app/web the same way as the wireless cameras. The only fly in the ointment is that you can't get the two cameras (Q and wireless) to work with each other - they are seen as separate entities.

shaolin95
Apprentice
Apprentice

What do you mean by "work with each other"? How will two Arlo Pro work with each other?

I just saw the Q went on sale for $99 so surely picking one up but curious about what you mean. 🙂
Thanks!

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The wireless cameras can all work together in your modes and rules, even if they're on different bases. However, you can't do that with a Q, even if it's to another Q. The wireless cameras can use one camera to trigger another, for instance, and that isn't possible with the Q. As long as you're ok with the Q simply recording what it sees and can't be triggered by another device, you'll be fine.