Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Cold weather affects Arlo cameras' batteries?

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
ant
Mentor
Mentor

Hello and happy new year.

I noticed this morning and in the past, Netgear Arlo cameras' battery life drained down to no more power when the weather was cold and wet outside (50-60F degrees and raining). For an example with this morning PST, I got an e-mail notification about a nearby dry INDOOR camera with its 11% battery life and should replace its batteries soon. A few hours later, it was dead. A few days ago, it had like more than 50% of battery life according to its icon. Indoor isn't that cold too compared to outside. A far away outdoor camera's battery life is almost gone when it had over 50% of battery life a few days ago.

Why are they dying so fast suddenly? What's up with this? Is anyone else noticing this too? It can't be a  distance issue. Do the newer Arlo cameras still have these same problems?

Thank you in advance. 🙂

2 REPLIES 2
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Cold weather can affect Arlo batteries. For more information on this, take a look here: What should I do if the batteries in my Arlo cameras are reporting low power in cold weather?

JamesC

ant
Mentor
Mentor

JamesC wrote:

Cold weather can have an affect on Arlo batteries. For more information on this, take a look here: What should I do if the batteries in my Arlo cameras are reporting low power in cold weather?

JamesC

Thanks. Weird, the "almost dead" outdoor (nailed to a tree) camera's battery life went back up to good level later that day. I didn't touch anything too!

Also, weird I did not get an e-mail notification to this forum thread that I subscribed to yesterday. Hmm!

Btw, https://www.google.com/search?q=affect+effect ... You're welcome. 😉