Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Are my videos saved somewhere once I delete them?

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Jim1488
Aspirant
Aspirant

Are my videos saved somewhere once I delete them?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

As a rule, once deleted, they are gone.

The only exception ( not sure if it actually works ) of note was a user that upgraded to a higher level which gave 30 days storage... He claimed to get back his expired videos up to the 30 day limit ( had prior 7 day basic level )

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

As a rule, once deleted, they are gone.

The only exception ( not sure if it actually works ) of note was a user that upgraded to a higher level which gave 30 days storage... He claimed to get back his expired videos up to the 30 day limit ( had prior 7 day basic level )

Jim1488
Aspirant
Aspirant

So where is this recycle bin everyone is talking about? I don't see that. Once I delete them in the app, you can't go and retrieve them from somewhere.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Jim1488 wrote:

So where is this recycle bin everyone is talking about? I don't see that. Once I delete them in the app, you can't go and retrieve them from somewhere.

You reading threads on the RECYCLE bin from 2015....It was deleted from the SW at the big change in late Dec '15.

Before this time the housekeeping of videos was erratic and there was a 1gb limit on theBasic level...Netgear opted to not enforce the 1gb limit but took away the recycle bin with a 7 days auto delete.  D/L anything you deem important.