Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Camera using outside - temperature?

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Andre69
Aspirant
Aspirant

I want to use the camera outside here in Germany.

During the night in winter we can have sometimes -10 to -20 degrees.

What happens with the camera. In the description it is written that you can use it only until -10 degrees.

Kind re

5 REPLIES 5
Andre69
Aspirant
Aspirant

I assume there might beporblems with the battery, if it is too cold, and it is necessary to chenge the battery more often, but is this all? Or can there be other problems, too?

Andre69
Aspirant
Aspirant

is it possible to use power instead of battery, too?

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

The camera should operate in cold weather, how cold...?  Spec say 14° to 122° F (-10° C to 50° C)

I've has my out in colder weather and it continues to work.This morning for me, it was <10f and the camera is working ok.Tomorrow it will be about 3f.

The problem seems to be more that the lower temps near 0f / < 0f start to effect the battery chemistry.

This lowers the availble power it can draw and can cause a problem... there is no external power option available at this time.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Jokkeri
Aspirant
Aspirant

Chilly weather here in Finland for the past three weeks, daily lows around -25 celsius and the highs around -10. So far the alro has survived with no noticable malfunctions. Next week's forecast is promising -30 to -40 celsius....

Sköldberg
Aspirant
Aspirant
I also have three cameras outside. And here in Sweden did we also had minus 22. No problem. But o have discover one thing. If i keep the drained batteries indoor then they "recharch" until the next change. I'll do this twice for every "4pack". It saves a lot... But i miss a built in thermometer...