Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Emyr
Guide
Guide

I have 3 VMS3030 cameras. I changed batteries recently and while 2 of the cameras synchronise with the Netgear Router as normal, one fails and continues flashing blue. Is there a known fix?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Emyr
Guide
Guide

Problem solved, thank you.
In addition to the Arlo Base Unit, my Router had a Homebase2 connected via ethernet cable. I turned that off and the camera synchronised as normal then updated its firmware which must have been out of date. The Homebase2 is now in an adjacent room configured to operate with Wi-Fi. Everything working fin again.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

are they all running the same FW ?

also pull batteries, replace but let the lid push the batteries inside... quickly press the base sync button ( don't hold ) and then the camera when nearby

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
Emyr
Guide
Guide

I tried inserting batteries as suggested and the short press of the router P/B then the camera P/B. After a few seconds of flashing blue, the camera LED flashed rapidly but orange. The app failed to detect the camera, "No cameras found". I tried a few times, same result. I cannot check the FW as I cannot connect to the camera to do so. It might be an earlier version to the other two cameras as it`s a spare that is used inside my house when I`m away from home.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Try and move the base unit as far away from your router as possible...

then with the camera close try again.  It may just be interference of some sort as older fw should still ( TMK ) sync and then update after hooked in.

All I can say is keep trying.

Emyr
Guide
Guide

Problem solved, thank you.
In addition to the Arlo Base Unit, my Router had a Homebase2 connected via ethernet cable. I turned that off and the camera synchronised as normal then updated its firmware which must have been out of date. The Homebase2 is now in an adjacent room configured to operate with Wi-Fi. Everything working fin again.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

good to hear