Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
crashley409
Guide
Guide

I purchased four Arlo cameras and the base station three months ago. They all worked fine until last week. Now one of my cameras will not accept a firmware update and another one (which went through a set of replacement batteries in a couple of weeks, maybe I got some counterfeit Panasonic batteries on Amazon?) will not sync with the base station. I have replaced the batteries on the one unit and I have rebooted the base station more than once. I have tried updating the firmware in the other one several times with no success. Every time I launch Arlo the camera says the firmware needs updating but it won’t accept the update. Two of the cameras are still working fine but the other two have issues as described. There is nothing wrong with my 100 mbps internet connection. What do you recommend? Can I send the two cameras back to Netgear for replacements?

8 REPLIES 8
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

While you may have faulty cameras, you'll still need to do some troubleshooting first before they will get RMAed. Bite the bullet and try removing all devices from Settings, My Devices and start fresh. Use the Add Device button on the Devices tab to claim the base. Sync the cameras. Update firmware as you go. ANy luck?

crashley409
Guide
Guide

This seems like a lot of work for a product that clearly does not live up to it's promises.

crashley409
Guide
Guide

I will start looking for a replacement system (i.e., NEST?)

@crashley409 wrote:

This seems like a lot of work for a product that clearly does not live up to it's promises.

even if this fix works.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

crashley409,

It could be a signal strength issue. Try moving (temporarily) the camera close to the base station and see if you still get the same behavior. If all is well, the cameras should update firmware automatically overnight.

JamesC

crashley409
Guide
Guide

Okay. I removed everything including the base stattion and successfully resynced 3 of my 4 cameras. All have new batteries. One camera will not sync. One of the three that did sync will not accept a firmware upgrade from 2.16720 to 2.21616. Very frustrating for a 4 month old system! What next?

crashley409
Guide
Guide

The camera that would not upgrade finally did on another attempt. Now 3 of 3 have ver 2.21616 firmware. I will try syncing the 4th camera again later.

Bmb33
Aspirant
Aspirant

can not sync or redo firmware on this unit.tried everything i could think of. any fix?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Specifically, what have you tried? More details are better.