Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Cannot delete a video in my library

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation
DaveT53
Tutor
Tutor
The video will play but I do not get the trash can highlighted for deletion so when I tap the trash can nothing happens. Doesnt matter if I just select the video or if I have the video playing. The trash can never highlights
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JohnnyFRX
Luminary
Luminary

Make sure the clip isn't marked as a favorite. When they are marked as favorite, the delete option for that particular clip will disappear as a safeguard so you don't accidentally delete it. 

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Try logging out and back in.  If that doesn't help, reinstall the app. You may want to try restarting the phone, too.

JohnnyFRX
Luminary
Luminary

Make sure the clip isn't marked as a favorite. When they are marked as favorite, the delete option for that particular clip will disappear as a safeguard so you don't accidentally delete it. 

DaveT53
Tutor
Tutor
Thank you very much. That was it. Never selected favorite that I know of, but it's simple enough to turn it off. Thank you again
SEATTLE9634
Aspirant
Aspirant

I cannot delete 1 video in my library. I think I deleted all videos while 1 is still recording(not sure). Unchecking the"favorite" option in setting DOES remove the video in display BUT When you check back the option favorite, the video is still there & the trash icon is still grayed out for that one video. I logged out but it didn't work. Short of removing ALL video & re-installing, what else can I do to remove this video?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
It will remove itself after the appropriate number of days for your plan.

My suggestion is to never delete videos since there's no way to get them back if done accidentally. Just let them rotate off by themselves.
neiladl
Aspirant
Aspirant

I can view my library clips on my android phone, my wifes iphone and my ipad BUT I can't view them on my desktop. What's stopping me from playing the videos on my desktop. They worked for a while then just stopped..says "Loading..."

manfredz
Hero
Hero

ify ou're using one browser, for examplei, nternet explorer, try another, like firefox or chrome and if that plays themok

neiladl
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you very much. I didn't think to try that and it does work on IE while not working on Firefox. (It was working on Firefox for several weeks and then just stopped working). I love computers and I hate computers.

manfredz
Hero
Hero

i found I can download better in IE and view videosbe tter in Firefox.  Welcome to the wonderful world of computers