Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Cannot claim base station during setup

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Ricks87gn
Follower
Follower

What does it mean when the app says it is unable to claim device?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Ricks87gn,

This generally means that the base station is claimed by another user. If you got your system from a friend, or second hand, contact the original owner and be sure they have removed the system from their account. This will release the serial number allowing you to claim the base station.

JamesC

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Ricks87gn,

This generally means that the base station is claimed by another user. If you got your system from a friend, or second hand, contact the original owner and be sure they have removed the system from their account. This will release the serial number allowing you to claim the base station.

JamesC

Jonstocktonkw
Aspirant
Aspirant
I recently moved my arlo to my house from my restaraunt. I wanted to set it up under my personal info instead of the restaurants. Its been so long since ive used it that I don't remember my old login info. It says that my device cannot be claimed. How can I switch over?
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jonstocktonkw,

You would need to log in to the account and remove the base station to release the serial number. If you do not remember the account info, please contact the Arlo Support Team. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.

JamesC