Cannot cancel subscription

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
wmstitel
Aspirant
Aspirant

After I performed a reset on a wired doorbell, it was removed from my monthy plan.  I am not only unable to add the doorbell back on to the plan, but I can't even cancel the plan - I am just charged monthly for a plan with nothing attached to it.  The support bots and human tech support people are unable to access my account; they can only refer me back to the support pages that reference options I don't even see.  This appears to go beyond poor tech support and into criminal fraud since I can't stop Arlo from charging my credit card.  I see that many other users have had a similar problem.  Has anyone else had any sucess in finding a solution other than refering it to babk fraid departments or law enforcement?

6 REPLIES 6
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @wmstitel 

I see your doorbell is back online. Did you need help with canceling your subscription? 

wmstitel
Aspirant
Aspirant

It is not "back online" - one of my doorbells is still online, and one is still not online.  All I can do is switch which one is online and which is not.  I still have no way of seeing or canceling my plan, or confirming whether the doorbell that is online is on the free trial plan or the plan I paying for.  I was told that tech support would be calling me yesterday, but of course no one called.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

I have escalated your case & someone from support will be reaching out to you as soon as possible. I have provided your escalations number here: 43530324

Chicagoan
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have had a similar problem.  I had to reset my system and was auto-enrolled in a new "free trial plan" on top of my existing plan (for which I am still being billed).  No one at Arlo's customer support call center can answer whether this new, apparently redundant plan will be cancelled at the end of trial period or segue into a second paid plan on top of my existing one, leading to double-billing, when trial period expires (e.g. fraud).  I tried to post a query about this and the mods rejected it as "spam"!!  Help.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Chicagoan After the trial plan ends your system will continue with your paid subscription.

wmstitel
Aspirant
Aspirant

Unfortunately, until you have escalated several levels up (I beleive the only way to begine the escalation process is to complain on social media), no one at Arlo tech support can do anything more that read FAQs back to you, and they are certainly not allowed to access account details so they won't be able to tell you anything about how you will or won't be billed.  For what it is worth, though, once I finally escalated to someone who could access my account they found that one of my doorbells was on a trial period that had just ended with no messages, so there is a good chance your trial will just quietly end.