Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Cannot Connect Base Station To My Phone App

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
tfallen
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have an Android Galaxy J3 Mission phone.  It has worked with Arlo in the past but since you upgraded I cannot sync my Arlo phone app to the Netgear base station.  I moved and I disabled all my cameras and base station from old network.  Now when I try and set them back up nothing works.  My base station and the router are talking.  I go to my phone app. Open and say + add and selected arlo base station. Followed instructions and discovering your device searches for any available Arlo devices and nothing sync or connects.   It tries and tries and tries and nothing connects.  I have unplug and turned off and redone severa times still no connection.I am using a Spectrum router and the 1st netgear base station that came out.  I even tried the new base station and no results.  

Dont I need to connect base station to the app before I connect the cameras?  Help!!!

4 REPLIES 4
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Yes, the first tep will always be to claim the base. Unfortunately, there was no need to remove the devices before moving - there's nothing tied to the network in any way. It just needs Internet access.

When you say you disabled the cameras and base, I'm assuming you mean you removed them from Settings, My Devices. If not, do so. What are the LEDs on the base showing? Should be only power and Internet being green (maybe Camera showing amber).

tfallen
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yeah I disconnected and now I can't get them back on line. Still app will not connect to base.

tfallen
Aspirant
Aspirant

The LEDs on base are showing 3 solid green and blinking amber on the router.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I suspect the blinking on the router simply means netork traffic. The fact that you have 3 green LEDs on the base means the system is up and working. The best thing to do now is to remove all devices in Settings, My Devices and start fresh. I would also hold the base reset button until the LEDs flash amber for good measure. Claim the base and sync the cameras normally. Update firmware if prompted as you go,