Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Can you search for missing netgear base similar to iPhone? Is there another use for netgear base

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
tonypw87
Follower
Follower

I fear someone for some reason has actually taken my Netgear base.  Is there another use for the base besides acting as a conduit for the wireless cameras?  Is it possible for one to search for the base much like a missing apple device?

2 REPLIES 2
Schorschi
Prodigy
Prodigy

tonypw87 wrote:

I fear someone for some reason has actually taken my Netgear base.  Is there another use for the base besides acting as a conduit for the wireless cameras?  Is it possible for one to search for the base much like a missing apple device?

I'm sure there is a way Netgear can find the IP address of a connected Arlo base station, given its MAC address. The MAC address can probably be found if you provide the email address of your Arlo account. But you'd probably need to go to the authorities first and report it stolen.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Is there another use for the base besides acting as a conduit for the wireless cameras?

Not really, don't believe it is a full router per say...  I was able to access one unit and log into it but no functionally after

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------